Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Of all the shit Starmer is going to pull a levelling up minister is something that I can't fault.
Sure there are parts of the North that are very well off, and deprived parts of the South - but there is a gap and it is immense. And from a sheer electoral point of view if makes sense, people up here feel (whether fairly or unfairly) neglected by London/Westminster.

Best way to tackle the influence/threat of Reform would be to tackle regional and constituency inequalities. The Northern municipalists et al will get something out of it , simply to repay for not rocking the boat and of course Burnham has Rayner as his eyes , at least for the present.

No I’m not changing it, I still keep calling outlook Hotmail and starburst opal fruits, I’m not going to give the racist man baby the satisfaction of indulging his edgy cyberpunk hardon by calling it X

It’s Twitter and it’ll stay Twitter, or occasionally it’ll be twatter

I do quite enjoy the way broadcast journos are still referring to it as 'X, formerly known as Twitter'. How long has it been? :D Worst rebrand ever?

Something that never really came up in the campaign will be a big feature of our new Labour government…

He’s not wrong the nhs only phased out fax in 2020.

Christ, I missed the bit about AI what a load of bollocks

Doctors in the NHS can’t get modern laptops and surgeons have to supply their own surgical, but AI will fix things.

Last edited:
Something that never really came up in the campaign will be a big feature of our new Labour government…

This is the opinion of someone who doesn't really understand AI or what it does but has been to a load of flash events thrown up rich tech grifters where they've told him a load of hyped up bullshit. All his version of tech-solutionism will ever amount to is private contracts to harvest data from public bodies and a firm kicking for anyone on the user end of them.

Very happy with this change

Well yes at least its its a nice change
but whos going to give work to the unemployable from the special needs school now 🥲
Some of them from Eton after short notice will now be left with no sky TV , just a months severance pay to clear out an office of 14 years of tat , boxes upon boxes of untouched work folders ,unopened mail and with addictions still to feed etc 😭 😭 😭

🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom