Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

I looked at that last night, inputting similar figures. It came out with Reform on 2 seats - Ashfield and Rochdale. They won’t win either of them, even if this poll is accurate.

At that level, it is really just a bit of fun, TBH.

The Reform polling reminds me of the LibDem polling prior to the 2010 election, with Labour questioned about perhaps being pushed into third place. In the end fhe Labour vote actually held up pretty well.
It might very well happen differently this time and Reform do finish up there, but there is a difference between saying Reform now and on 4th July.

It’s also probably a way to take more cash off the railways, because Sunak fucking hates trains and public transport generally.

Interesting poll this as there isn't that much between Tories, Reform, Lib Dem and Greens really, the 2 party system is buckling.

IMO best outcome would be for Greens, Reform, WPB and some independents to win seats, Lib Dems win big from Tories, Plaid retain or gain seats and SNP do better than expected, denying Labour a majority and possibly opening the door to PR, making room for a genuine left party to break through next election.
LibDems becoming the opposition has two good outcomes imo: a strong force for reforming the voting system and the start of the rejoin the EU journey.

Oh huh so after 1.4 million spent on a legal case they couldn't possibly actually win, and having parachuted their head of legal into a safe seat, Labour give up.

Guess the evidence of how fucked up some people who have nice seats in Parliament acted doesn't need to be relitigated now

Genuinely shocking.

Edit: date of the HMT tweet was 22nd May, so pre-purdah though. But still dodgy.

SPAD's usually end up controlling the department twitter accounts.

In the MOD there was a big fight over it, which the CS/military won - so the SPAD's set up another departmental account called the MOD Press Office, which mainly just tweets highly dubious rebuttals.

I think Shapps might have overuled the original SPAD defeat, but I don't keep a close eye on it...

Back
Top Bottom