Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Tory 22 labour 44 (apols if already posted. Do we have a polling thread by the way? Thought we did but can't find it)

Guessing there will be loads of polls out in next few days.

One noticeable change we have observed, however, is a five point increase in the proportion of people rating their likelihood to vote as a 10 out of 10, from 53% prior to the election announcement to 58% now.

This includes a full 17pt increase in the number of 18-24 year olds saying they are certain to vote. In our poll on Tuesday 35% of this age group had rated themselves 10/10 to vote, now it stands at 52%.

I can't agree Sunak is doing well, he's been hopeless, just one inflation figure to help him out.

I do agree Starmer was terrible on Today. I was driving to work and it was so bad, especially when he got to the 2 child cap, I had to turn it off.
All you have to is wait a year and an inflation spike falls off the figures

If it splits the tory vote then it's probably not a bad thing. I doubt any of them will get elected.

dunno really.

UKIP never got anyone elected (at westminster at least) but arguably had an influence in the conservative party turning more far-right.

which in turn pulled the labour 'centrists' in to triangulating further right.

faintly worrying that there's a significant minority who think the current bunch of tory twunts aren't right-wing enough...

dunno really.

UKIP never got anyone elected (at westminster at least) but arguably had an influence in the conservative party turning more far-right.

faintly worrying that there's a significant minority who think the current bunch of tory twunts aren't right-wing enough...
Yeah long term that is true.

dunno really.

Dead ringers had a decent bit last night with Caroline Lucas pondering why she, an elected MP had had less media time over the years than Nigel Farage

Boris has still got a parliamentary suspension to serve, hasn't he? Elected, suspended, recalled, voted out. The ultimate humiliation for the ultimate scarecrow stuffed with custard.
Yes, I had presumed PR1Berske was referring to the disgraced former PM.

And yes, as far as I know the suspension continues to stand into such time as he is re-elected, and quite possibly if some dickhead puts him in the Lords too.

National service, say what?
Feels like the first result to come from today's "Rishi is tired and just needs a rest" period. What can they say to prove how truly Conservative they really are? National Service! Goes down well with traditionalists, people are always telling phone ins and Question Time about 'kids today' not having any discipline. Perfect headline grabber. Tories can now say that your teen can enjoy all the delights of being put on the treadmill of the local cadets, and they get to please the neighborhood watch types.

Feels like the first result to come from today's "Rishi is tired and just needs a rest" period. What can they say to prove how truly Conservative they really are? National Service! Goes down well with traditionalists, people are always telling phone ins and Question Time about 'kids today' not having any discipline. Perfect headline grabber. Tories can now say that your teen can enjoy all the delights of being put on the treadmill of the local cadets, and they get to please the neighborhood watch types.
Doubt the NHS army and the rest are on board with this nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom