Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

More election being called today rumours floating about apparently.

Perhaps the rumour is due to the inflation figures. Not convinced myself, I suppose it’s about the latest they can call it if they want it before the autumn. Maybe Sunak wants a summer off chilling in California?

Can't see why they'd go now. Nothing has popped up to help them - slightly lower inflation and not technically being in a recession isn't really going to cut it - and they're not budging the polls at all. Might as well cling on a bit more.

Suppose there's always the possibility they could manage to make things even worse for themselves. :D

More election being called today rumours floating about apparently.

Perhaps the rumour is due to the inflation figures. Not convinced myself, I suppose it’s about the latest they can call it if they want it before the autumn. Maybe Sunak wants a summer off chilling in California?

I'm a bit sceptical myself but this on bbc news...

I suppose they’re hoping the combination of a good run by England at euro 2024 and fine weather? And maybe something to do with the student vote ?

Can't see why they'd go now. Nothing has popped up to help them - slightly lower inflation and not technically being in a recession isn't really going to cut it - and they're not budging the polls at all. Might as well cling on a bit more.

Suppose there's always the possibility they could manage to make things even worse for themselves. :D

Sunak’s interests are served by hanging on as long as possible. Tory MPs who would definitely lose their seats under Sunak have some rationale for triggering a leadership contest. An election scuppers a leadership contest.

So all that could have changed would be the number of letters to Brady.

Think it could be about Rwanda. If it's not happening, he needs to hold the election before he has to admit that. July is his self-imposed deadline.

Didn't they already officially send someone there? Like as in 'paid' someone to go to say they officially 'deported' someone to Rwanda?

That's more an indication that there have suddenly been a lot of bets on July, so bookmakers are adjusting the odds to manage their exposures.
Bookies aren't oracles. They just know how to play the odds so they always win.

Or we are going to declare war on Russia?

I wouldn’t discount that entirely. Or at least that we are about to deploy troops in Ukraine.

It would be pretty weird and inept, after all, to kick off a feelgood general election campaign with a warning to the public that they should buy clockwork radios and start hoarding food. But then they are really quite weird and inept.

Maybe Charlie is about to die?

The meeting is this afternoon, not when they were told to cut short their trips…

According to the Telegraph timeline he cut short his trip at 1:37 (I'm presuming that's UK local time) - which gives him a very short window to be in No.10 this afternoon.

Anyway, who cares lol. Either way it's over for the Tories.

1716386142176.png

Back
Top Bottom