Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spanish Political News

The fucking shit green piece of paper that YOU MUST NOT LAMINATE. A total joke isn't it? The print is wearing off mine as well. Useless. I'll almost be pleased to get a proper TIE later this year.
When I went to change the address on mine I was told that I didn't need to change it even though I don't even live in the same town as is on it. I was told that I needed a certificate to go with the little green unreadable card to support the green card. It took a week. Why not just give me a new card, with the correct address, and that was readable?

My wife also has the card, hers is readable, so even though the address is wrong, she didn't need to do anything.

If we had gone separately I might have understood the differences but we were sitting alongside each other.

I love Spain. I don't understand it.

When I went to change the address on mine I was told that I didn't need to change it even though I don't even live in the same town as is on it.

That´s a relief to me. I´ve got my residencia (the little green thing) with my original address. I´ve been at my new address two years now, but it´s proving hard to get an appointment at the extranjeros to change it. I´ve been using my padron or my driving licence for proof of address.

That´s a relief to me. I´ve got my residencia (the little green thing) with my original address. I´ve been at my new address two years now, but it´s proving hard to get an appointment at the extranjeros to change it. I´ve been using my padron or my driving licence for proof of address.
We wanted to change address and get permenente (sp? ) on it. The only thing we're waiting for I'd driving licence. The criminal records was returned to us because, although don't ask for it, we hadn't included our passport, residencia, padrón copies. Next time we might just go to Granada and make it a day out.

I got my Tarjeta Dorada so will have to make use of it.

Cautious optimism here that the curve is beginning to flatten

According to the BBC death toll up by 832 yesterday, total 5690.

I read somewhere that the death rate is still increasing but new cases is slowing. I really hope that’s the case.

I went to Lidl, no choice, earlier and was surprised by how many people were wearing masks and gloves. But equally that there were some in the store without masks, and gloves. Masks I can understand, except some had masks and were not wearing them. Gloves there’s no excuse, they would have to walk past boxes of gloves for you to help yourself to.

The fucking shit green piece of paper that YOU MUST NOT LAMINATE. A total joke isn't it? The print is wearing off mine as well. Useless. I'll almost be pleased to get a proper TIE later this year.
Yes, they are pretty crappy. I won't get a TIE. As a Maltese citizen, I will continue with my flimsy little green thing for EU citizens.

I have more or less decided what to do about the form on the Comunidad de Madrid website. Unless I get a definite response by Monday, I'm going to put the expiry date of my passport, even though the passport number is not on the form.

According to the BBC death toll up by 832 yesterday, total 5690.

I read somewhere that the death rate is still increasing but new cases is slowing. I really hope that’s the case.

I went to Lidl, no choice, earlier and was surprised by how many people were wearing masks and gloves. But equally that there were some in the store without masks, and gloves. Masks I can understand, except some had masks and were not wearing them. Gloves there’s no excuse, they would have to walk past boxes of gloves for you to help yourself to.

I suppose deaths will go on happening because some people take longer to die, bluntly. But it's not something I either understand or want to.

The masks thing is interesting. A lot of people have them on their head or round their neck until they approach other people. I think it's partly paranoia and partly a kind of 'I'm doing my bit', which is a mixture of solidarity and virtue-signalling.

I don't wear a mask because I can't see the point. but i can see it's reassuring to see the people who might be infected, cops etc, wearing masks for my protection. There's some kind of logical fail there.

My wife is now working in mask and gloves behind a perspex screen and they are cleaning the conveyor belt between customers. Even so people have popped their heads round the screen or under it to talk!

One of the royal family has died, 86 year old Maria-Teresa, but the only link I have is Daily Mail.

The masks thing is interesting. A lot of people have them on their head or round their neck until they approach other people. I think it's partly paranoia and partly a kind of 'I'm doing my bit', which is a mixture of solidarity and virtue-signalling.

I don't wear a mask because I can't see the point. but i can see it's reassuring to see the people who might be infected, cops etc, wearing masks for my protection. There's some kind of logical fail there.

I think there is a very good argument for wearing a mask. Most of us do not know whether we are infected or not. There may be an enormous number of asymptomatic and untested people walking about with the virus. As far as possible, we should act on the assumption that we may be infected and try to avoid passing the virus to others.

Last edited:
Not too bad. Company has survived so far. Allergic to my flat which is making me feel ill but okay in general. It's been a long time alone now though.

We're OK. Eating almost totally vegan now because it means we don't need to go out for meat/fish. I'd hoped it might have helped with weight control. But this is not happening.

I think that some depression is setting in. Knowing that we cannot go to Aunt Joyce's funeral, that a friend's grandfather has died from it, and her family has it doesn't help.

But we are OK.

You didn't say how things are up your way JuanTwoThree hope you're OK.

Every day brings more clarification. On the financial side we we will survive once we can get an ICO in place later this month. We are playing tough: told the landlord that we couldn't pay rent, bounced some bills from insurance companies and photocopy maintenance contracts and so on, telling them to think again if we were going to pay for a service they couldn't provide. Phoning my people to check they're ok and reassuring them that there will be a job for them again.

The homework the kids are getting from school is just a photocopy from a workbook, while we are sending powerpoints and links to apps and youtube channels and more groovy things, which we're getting some good PR from.

We're going online in May or the last week of this month if school hasn't started by then. I think it'll be needed if only to give kids something to do. There doesn't seem much point starting before easter and then stopping.

On the lockdown front it's not too bad. My wife's job in the supermarket is far safer now with perspex shields etc in place and I get to take her up there and pick her up again so that's two little excursions.

The lockdown is very strict here but it strikes me that so many people should not be out every morning visiting tiny bakeries and going home with one fresh loaf every day. I know the importance of 'going for the bread' but it seems like an excuse, a bit like having a dog, for a bit of a stroll.

So all in all, not too bad.

I’m currently in Córdoba, iirc JuanTwoThree you‘re in Madrid area, but I can’t remember where you are Favelado.

In normal years we would drive up to Bilbao at the end of June, beginning of July, and drive back in August/September. I really hope things will be over by then so maybe it will be possible to organise something.

(I’ve got a tarjeta dorada so trains are possible too.)

I’m currently in Córdoba, iirc JuanTwoThree you‘re in Madrid area, but I can’t remember where you are Favelado.

In normal years we would drive up to Bilbao at the end of June, beginning of July, and drive back in August/September. I really hope things will be over by then so maybe it will be possible to organise something.

(I’ve got a tarjeta dorada so trains are possible too.)

I'm in Madrid - currently right in town in Lavapies. I can get to anywhere at all. Atocha is a walk away.

All we need now is this shit to clear. A time and a place. Are there any other EFL/ Spanish resident urbs?

Madrid would probably be the answer. When it's not too hot or cold, which is 3 days in both May and October!

October 12 is a Monday, so a 3 day weekend
Or, if Spainwise (unlikely this year I know) goes ahead come to Córdoba and write it off as a business expense.

Sorry to interrupt your meeting planning, but can I ask what the state of postal service is in Spain. Are you getting post deliveries? If so do the postal delivery staff wear ppe?

Sorry to interrupt your meeting planning, but can I ask what the state of postal service is in Spain. Are you getting post deliveries? If so do the postal delivery staff wear ppe?
We are getting some post. No parcels or packets are being delivered, only letters. The postal staff are all wearing PPE, when on delivery. At least that’s the case here.

Think we're the last ones now. A couple moved on.
You might be right. Riklet used to be in Sevilla but I think is back in the UK. Stanley, of course has left. I can't think of any other Spanish residents now. It might be worth putting something in general later.

Back
Top Bottom