Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spanish Political News

Looking forward to seeing kids in the streets tomorrow, it's weird at the moment, and even more to exercise outside in May, if there are no setbacks. One step at a time.

Everybody ok?

Looking forward to seeing kids in the streets tomorrow, it's weird at the moment, and even more to exercise outside in May, if there are no setbacks. One step at a time.

Everybody ok?
There’s been kids outside today, all wearing masks.

There’s been kids outside today, all wearing masks.

They're picking up plastic visors from the Red Cross and the tourist office. It's been rainy today so I expect they'll be out tomorrow, all looking like welders.

People are also going to be allowed to visit their allotments, which is important for the summer for some people.

So slowly and carefully we may be seeing some more 'normality' as time goes on. No Wine Battle this year and precious little tourism even if it's allowed at all. And I wonder if the environment of an open-air swimming pool with half the village there is good for transmitting a virus, or safe because of hot surfaces and chlorinated water. Probably a bad idea. It'll be odd without all the things that mean 'summer'.

I may have to find a section of river away from people and imitate a hippo.

There's speculation that Andalucía will be opened up by mid May. The region has a low CV19 rate compared to other regions.

I forgot tomorrow was a bank holiday and then only found out an hour ago that I'm actually allowed to play on Saturday.

Chicken Dinner!

Could be a lot of piss-taking though. Imagine you go out for your own exercise before 10.00, then you take your aged mother out till 12.00, then your kids, then you go shopping, then to your allotment. You're never home!

Could be a lot of piss-taking though. Imagine you go out for your own exercise before 10.00, then you take your aged mother out till 12.00, then your kids, then you go shopping, then to your allotment. You're never home!
Where can I get a kid, and old lady?

There aren't any here, but if I could go to Alcarrechela I know where there's some. If I sneak out tonight...no headlights, back roads through the olive groves...
Olive Groves? I think she's in the room next to Grandma Smiles at The Autumns Dreams Care Home for Upwardly Mobile Octogenarians

Well that was nice. Walked to La Latina and watched the sun setting over the south of the city. Madrid is beautiful - you forget when you're running around in the routine.

Last edited:
These easedown is too fast isn't it? Madrid is far too busy.
It's too busy here. There's lots without masks. And too many not wearing masks properly. I especially dislike the people who use them as chin warmers. Those only covering their mouth are bad enough, but what's the point in having one if all you do is wear it round your chin?

I fear there's a second wave coming sooner rather then later.

Chinwarmer behaviour is weird.

Glove freaks as well. Wearing gloves in the street is the same as not wearing them. It's daft. Put them on in the supermarket and bin them on the way out.

Chinwarmer behaviour is weird.

Glove freaks as well. Wearing gloves in the street is the same as not wearing them. It's daft. Put them on in the supermarket and bin them on the way out.
The security guard at our Carrefour makes glove wearers sanitise their gloves before going in. I've seen him absolutely insist when people have tried to argue over it.

I feel sorry for the trolley cleaner there. He's in full coverall, including head, mask and face shield, and gloves. Outside, in Andalucía heat, all day... I sweat just watching him.

My partner was telling that this notorious torturer from Francos time has died.

Managed to stay free even after transition to democracy. She said a lot of Franco supporters in police / security kept their jobs after Franco died.

He was doing this in later Franco period. Shows how appalling Franco regime was for a lot of Spaniards.

Glad that cunt is dead. He was still walking around Barrio Salamanca carefree very recently.

Well, the President of the Comunidad de Madrid has had quite a week hasn't she? What a total payaso she is.

Glad that cunt is dead. He was still walking around Barrio Salamanca carefree very recently.

Well, the President of the Comunidad de Madrid has had quite a week hasn't she? What a total payaso she is.

My partner not sorry he is dead. But thinks it would have been better if he had been put in court so the people he tortured could have justice. The Pact of Silence has meant people like him, and he is only the worst of the worst, walked free after Franco died. With a decent pension.

Article partner gave me. It describes one womans torture by Billy the Kid:

The torture isnt been done to solve anything. She is let go in the end. Its part and parcel of Francoism. Brutality was integral to it. Creates fear. I can see why my partner is so anti the parties of the right and centre right in Spain. The Peoples Party was set up by ex Francoists.

Last edited:
It sounds almost normal outside. The bar across the road has reopened, within the guidelines. It’s both welcome, and not. I’d grown to liking the quiet.

Apparently, it is going to be made compulsory to wear a mask in public places. (It is already compulsory on public transport - at least in Madrid, and I imagine elsewhere.)

In general, I think this is a very sensible policy, but there is an obvious catch. If the terraces etc are going to be open, how are we going to eat and drink in these places? There is no way I am going to try drinking beer through a straw, much less coffee. The policy will have to allow masklessness in certain circumstances.

Every time I see pics or vids of what's going on in Britain, which is quite often at the mo, it seems that most people are not wearing masks in public places. I don't understand why not.

Apparently, it is going to be made compulsory to wear a mask in public places. (It is already compulsory on public transport - at least in Madrid, and I imagine elsewhere.)

In general, I think this is a very sensible policy, but there is an obvious catch. If the terraces etc are going to be open, how are we going to eat and drink in these places? There is no way I am going to try drinking beer through a straw, much less coffee. The policy will have to allow masklessness in certain circumstances.

Every time I see pics or vids of what's going on in Britain, which is quite often at the mo, it seems that most people are not wearing masks in public places. I don't understand why not.
Here in Portugal masks are compulsory in shops and public transport . The cafes and restaurants open tomorrow , there will be limits on numbers inside , talk about Perspex screens inside , tables outside socially distanced and limits of numbers in table but as yet no masks necessary. Some might just stick with takeaways , some won’t have the money to make alterations and might be better for the moment on the business assistance and remaining closed . I’ll have a gander tomoz and see what’s what .

It sounds almost normal outside. The bar across the road has reopened, within the guidelines. It’s both welcome, and not. I’d grown to liking the quiet.

Lavapies has been wonderful. It's so densely populated that there have still been people and noise, but also a sense of atmosphere within the space that's been created by the lockdown. When quarantine ends it will be impossible to sleep (as usual) as hundreds of people walk around pissed until 7am. The streets don't smell of piss for once either.

There were some wonderful things going on the balconies this weekend. San Isidro plays being done across floors of buildings for the public to see. Parties , shouts of "¡Vivan los servicios públicos!" and a long stretch of Calle Segovia singing 'All You Need is Love".

If we can just nuke Barrio Salamanca., most of the rest of the city is nice. Barrio Salamanca isn't even any good at being posh. It looks like Bet Gilroy after a lottery win.

Last edited:
If you can get Andalucía TV there's an old programme on now, La ruta bética romana, about Écija where I used to live. Lovely little town. I wish I'd never left.

Nice article linked to in Público, easily the best Spanish newspaper, in which they sent a journalist to Barrio Salamanca to watch the cunt parade. Just four kilometres away from Lavapiés or Vallecas but also another planet 20 light years away.

Article in Spanish.

El Pais in English might have something on this if you only speak guiri.

Last edited:
Nice article linked to in Público, easily the best Spanish newspaper, in which they sent a journalist to Barrio Salamanca to watch the cunt parade. Just four kilometres away from Lavapíes or Vallecas but also another planet 20 light years away.

Article in Spanish.

Ta that was an interesting read (via Google translate) .

Nice article linked to in Público, easily the best Spanish newspaper, in which they sent a journalist to Barrio Salamanca to watch the cunt parade. Just four kilometres away from Lavapiés or Vallecas but also another planet 20 light years away.

Article in Spanish.

My partner family come from Vallecas. She said to me she was chatting to mother today who was complaining about these demos.

They are all from people of the Right. Regard any slight left government as illegitimate. They are all the better off people.

Whatever PSOE/ Podemos do they think these partys should not be in power.

Back
Top Bottom