Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2021-22

stavros

A new thread for a new season.

As mentioned on last year's thread, the British Open starts tomorrow, and appears to be live throughout the afternoons and evening on ITV4 (channel 24 on my Freeview telly).

Selby-Murphy looks to be the pick of the first round, although Allen-Evans could get spicy.

I saw a bit of Wakelin-Hendry last night. The latter was rusty, but he made it, still nailing those long shots which many would turn down.

I saw a bit of Wakelin-Hendry last night. The latter was rusty, but he made it, still nailing those long shots which many would turn down.
I watched the first frame and a bit. Thought Hendry looked okay and made some good pots. Looked a fuck load better than he did in that match against Jimmy White ( who also looked not half bad when he won his first round against Aaron Hill, whitewash infact.

I've not given it the time it deserves so far, but I have little else to do this weekend, so I will gaze at the baize.

John Higgins playing Ajaib on Eurosport now

Higgins looks to have lost a few stone. 3-1 up at present - just missed a sitter of a pink. But now he's back in after Ajaib snatched at the red.

Right, after having to work for the last five days I can properly devote myself to this this weekend. I believe Quest are showing both sessions from tomorrow.

The sixth frame of Allen-Walden was a struggle to watch: 52 minutes, and Allen won with a total score of about 55.

Quest bumped the Higgins-Yan match off air at the mid-session interval, but I see Higgins just needs one frame to get through to the final.

They stopped showing it! FFS, that's criminal.

That aside, great match. Higgins is through to play Allen tomorrow. Ronnie is singing Higgins' praise over on Eurosport as is Alan McManus.

It'll be a good'un tomorrow - Allen in front of his home crowd and Higgins on top form.

They stopped showing it! FFS, that's criminal.
I think Quest is Eurosport's toy to get people to subscribe. Their Vuelta a Espana highlights coverage is cobbled together from the Eurosport footage.

An interesting if not outstanding afternoon session. Allen will be pissed off he doesn't have a lead, but the final frame proved what you get when you play John Higgins.

That was worth staying up for. I'm a bit surprised that Allen's only got six ranking titles, and even more surprised that he's only made it to the semis at the Crucible once.

O'Sullivan was interesting on Sunday, saying that Yan is the only player of that age playing at any kind of elite level. He said he's a lot younger than the likes of Trump, Ding, Wilson, etc, who we perhaps think of as young because of him, Higgins and Williams.

Last edited:
A heads up that the English Open starts on Monday, with the afternoon sessions live on Quest.

I think it's Eurosport not letting them have the evening sessions, when people like me aren't working. I suppose I'll have to wait for the semis next Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom