Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2023

I limit myself to

and

otherwise I briefly get all hopeful and it's only on fucking Sky.

I really, really want Italy to put together a full 80 minute performance of what they are capable of and stuff Wales. I fear for Tommy Allen at full-back though, key weak spot. Here's hoping he surprises me or that Wales are too clueless to exploit it. Want: Italy by 10. Will get; Wales by 2 and weekend ruined.

Obvs I want France to win but I am quite excited about Smith without Farrell. Although if it doesn't go well I fear that every dickhead will be bleating on about Borthwick having got it wrong. Still, not my problem now :D Just really hoping we get our shit together at last and properly do England by 15, but I fear our away record at Twickers is not good and I reckon England will be feeling good. Random prediction: one French player to do something utterly stupid and get sent off, game goes to shit.

Scotland Vs Ireland. For the sake of this Scotland team, I want them to win. I'm really enjoying watching them play, the game last week v France was the sort of rugby I really want to see (red cards excepted). Exciting, free flowing, a bit mad at times. Russell is a joy and to quote Squidge "the one player who really seems to understand that it's just a game". Looking forward to his next mental offload that doesn't work, then a mental offload that does and that cheeky grin or a piss-taking wink at the opposition. I hope he gets under Ireland's skin and their boring efficiency goes to shit.
Ireland by 5 :D

I think the malaise and frankly utterly depressing situation the Welsh players find themselves in means I can’t see anything other than the Italian pack and midfield just pulling Wales apart. Italy by 8+

As for England Vs France, France look fatigued, I genuinely thought DuPont was below his best. They are missing Woki in the pack. N’tmack is gonna have to play the 80, but they have the quality to deal with Englands kicking game. I haven’t seen any of the England games to make a statement about how they are playing but England at home are tough to beat. I think it could go either way but I’ll plump for France by 3.

It’s the best Scottish side for decades their front 5 is impressive but I feel when tested they’ve struggled. the three first halves they have played have been pretty poor with France cruising by half time. Russell is not the flak he was even a year ago but still capable of errors, we’re due a Hogg howler too.

Having Ringrose back means a certain solidity to our defence, Aki at 12 brings heft and guile. Doris back to 8 will generate momentum, POM back at 6 means we’ll attack their lineout and have an improved mail defence. Furlong brings solidity at scrums and another player capable of being a playmaker. An exciting game ahead, Ireland by 14.

I think the malaise and frankly utterly depressing situation the Welsh players find themselves in means I can’t see anything other than the Italian pack and midfield just pulling Wales apart. Italy by 8+

As for England Vs France, France look fatigued, I genuinely thought DuPont was below his best. They are missing Woki in the pack. N’tmack is gonna have to play the 80, but they have the quality to deal with Englands kicking game. I haven’t seen any of the England games to make a statement about how they are playing but England at home are tough to beat. I think it could go either way but I’ll plump for France by 3.

It’s the best Scottish side for decades their front 5 is impressive but I feel when tested they’ve struggled. the three first halves they have played have been pretty poor with France cruising by half time. Russell is not the flak he was even a year ago but still capable of errors, we’re due a Hogg howler too.

Having Ringrose back means a certain solidity to our defence, Aki at 12 brings heft and guile. Doris back to 8 will generate momentum, POM back at 6 means we’ll attack their lineout and have an improved mail defence. Furlong brings solidity at scrums and another player capable of being a playmaker. An exciting game ahead, Ireland by 14.
Think you’re about right with those calls.

I think if Ireland don’t put in a big performance tomorrow then they will start to doubt how they can handle their World Cup group and QF. But I genuinely feel they’ve got better since winning in New Zealand and if they show that over the next two weekends then I would make them World Cup favourites regardless of their draw

Think you’re about right with those calls.

I think if Ireland don’t put in a big performance tomorrow then they will start to doubt how they can handle their World Cup group and QF. But I genuinely feel they’ve got better since winning in New Zealand and if they show that over the next two weekends then I would make them World Cup favourites regardless of their draw
This is spot on.

Although I think mentally we're in a much better place than 2019. I think as a group of players and coaches they may be able to deal with a loss. Whether the fans can is another matter...

I was just about to say Wales look like they've got a try in them about now. Lucky bounce, very well taken.

Gatland coached teams focus on making it an arm wrestle, they rarely score a lot of tries, one of the reasons Wales are struggling is the game has moved on.

Italy will back themselves to go score 30 points today which basically means 4 tries. And you tend to win if you score that amount

They don't seem to have started playing yet do they. All over the place.

Better in the last 10, but yeah, poor starts
As predicted, Wales targeting Allen.
Immense scrum, much needed points. Tighten up Italy!

Gatland coached teams focus on making it an arm wrestle, they rarely score a lot of tries, one of the reasons Wales are struggling is the game has moved on.

Italy will back themselves to go score 30 points today which basically means 4 tries. And you tend to win if you score that amount
This is aging well the point stands in general though :D

Very unlucky not to score though.

I've been expecting Italy for years to start winning. Looks like bit more of a wait though :(

• Sad
Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom