Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2023

Ireland: Hugo Keenan; James Lowe, Garry Ringrose, Bundee Aki, Mack Hansen; Ross Byrne, Craig Casey; Andrew Porter, Ronan Kelleher, Finlay Bealham; Iain Henderson, James Ryan (capt); Caelan Doris, Josh van der Flier, Jack Conan.

Replacements: Dan Sheehan, Dave Kilcoyne, Tom O'Toole, Ryan Baird, Peter O’Mahony, Conor Murray, Jack Crowley, Stuart McCloskey.

Good to see some changes, having Henderson in if anything strengthens the pack. I see Italy have Garbesi in at ten, so I think we’ll have be content to let Italy hold the ball for long periods. We’ll win but a good performance is just as important.

ETA Ringrose is out, McCloskey is in.

Last edited:
No idea on the games this weekend.

Ireland ought to win comfortably you’d think, Italy were poor last time round and might get confused at being allowed to play on a Saturday. They must be targeting the Wales game now.

Wales v England, on form you’d say England but both teams have been unconvincing. Another massive change in the ranks for Wales, including a debut for the hotly tipped Mason Grady. Gatland is clearly experimenting now for the World Cup, with interesting new players such as Halfpenny and Faletau ;) he has dropped George North, Sanjay Williams and Biggar. England have basically the same team. I suspect the English pack will have too much for Wales and grind out a tedious victory. Expect a lot of kicking again.

Scotland and in Paris on Sunday, teams aren’t named yet but I half fancy Scotland to sneak a win, and I think this will be the game of the weekend.

Looking at our injury profile Furlong, Healy, Bierne, Park, Sexton, Henshaw, Ringrose, Earls that’s the guts of a good team. I never want injuries but given that stress is something no Irish team really deals with, these injuries are perfect for building depth and mental resilience.

I think it will be close game today but we’ll edge it.

England should be too good for Wales especially given the mental anguish that the Welsh lads are going through. Would love to see Wales win though.

I think France, smarting from last week will be too good for the resurgent Scotland.

Looking at our injury profile Furlong, Healy, Bierne, Park, Sexton, Henshaw, Ringrose, Earls that’s the guts of a good team. I never want injuries but given that stress is something no Irish team really deals with, these injuries are perfect for building depth and mental resilience.

I think it will be close game today but we’ll edge it.

England should be too good for Wales especially given the mental anguish that the Welsh lads are going through. Would love to see Wales win though.

I think France, smarting from last week will be too good for the resurgent Scotland.

Injuries are a concern but also an opportunity to develop other players and it’s a squad effort at a World Cup.

Not my sport but I am an Englishman living in Wales. I've never supported England rugby in my life but seeing what the game means to literally everybody where I live, and it's a definite working class thing, I've always wanted Wales to win.

England are about to thrash Wales. In a way people around here will feel humiliated.

Not my sport but I am an Englishman living in Wales. I've never supported England rugby in my life but seeing what the game means to literally everybody where I live, and it's a definite working class thing, I've always wanted Wales to win.

England are about to thrash Wales. In a way people around here will feel humiliated.
I think it was butchersapron who said on here many years ago rugby is a working class sport in Wales and SW England, whatever the elitist impression one might get from the red trouser brigade at Twickenham

Wales are likely to lose though not a given … while I’m an England fan (with Welsh ancestry which means I’ve got my Wales bobble hat on today as well) I always love to see Wales do well and would always opt for a Cardiff day out than going to “HQ”.

Very impressed with Italy today their defence in the second half was excellent

keep what is on paper the best team in the world within one score to the 65 minute shows how fair they have come along

:cool:

Very impressed with Italy today their defence in the second half was excellent

keep what is on paper the best team in the world within one score to the 65 minute shows how fair they have come along

:cool:
indeed Italy has some great players and some awesome u20’s coming through. Once they get a scrum half who can get people guessing they’ll be a force.

That being said we had a good win with some second and third string players. Thought Conan had a poor game, the back row looked much better when he went off. Baird was good. Like to see him at 6 though.

Reactions: Ax^
Yay. England aren't the worst team this year
I'll say this - I'm glad it was England we played today, and not Ire, Fra or Sco. We'd have shipped 40pts for sure. Eng are on the same curve as us but seemingly a little further ahead. Should have battered us in reality.

As far as Wales are concerned, until we have either powerful go-forward or guile and footwork to create uncertainty, we are fooked. Not sure which way Gats wants to take us on today's showing. Not sure we have the players for either tbh. Don't know where we're at right now.

One glimmer was Tompkins - he always gives direction. Unfairly maligned in the past.

Tomos W was not great today. I thought Hardy would give us a bit more impetus. He gave it to England instead 😂.

I like Borthwick. Good luck with the rest of tournament, England.

Two bald men fighting over a comb basically. The two worst teams to watch this tournament so far playing together so I didn’t expect much… Wales haven’t even managed a bonus point so far and I’m not surprised
Was there today. Two bald men fighting over a comb is exactly how I described it afterwards. Good crack with the English boys sat behind us: it was basically a tale of mutual despair with the least worst side winning out.

For quality and atmosphere it resembled one of the tier two games during the AIs: two sides woefully off the pace of the modern game scrapping it out for some kind of pride. A truly awful spectacle.

We are beyond fucked

Yes; I saw a lot of people leaving with 10 minutes to go. The crowd felt very subdued, and I can’t say I blame them. Edit - negative triple crown for Wales.

The people next to me were nervous about the Italy game

Last edited:
Watched Italy vs Ireland again this morning, really think Italy could win the 6N in the next four years with some continuity of coaching and an addition of a number of players.

Watched Italy vs Ireland again this morning, really think Italy could win the 6N in the next four years with some continuity of coaching and an addition of a number of players.
I still go back and watch their winning try vs Wales last year when I need a good cry :oops: :)

O'Shea should get some props for bring up the domestic game to bring in the next generation of players

come on Scotland btw :D

We're arguably watching a play for second place today :D really looking forward to this one, will be a lot of grit on both sides.

Ach that was nasty. Think that's the game decided as well. Fair play to the medic safeguarding his player there. Shame for the game but it's right :(

Reactions: Ax^
aye the Medic not listening to the players brush off was a good shout but thats the game :/

Back
Top Bottom