Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

You kidding me, right?. The second yellow was him launching himself at a prone players head.
And Scott Barrett has a history of losing the head thuggery.

Should have been banned.

I hope the all blacks play Luke Jacobson every game, by far the worst NZ back rower in my life time.

Think the list is currently

Baille, Willemse, Ntamack and possibly Danty so missing starters at 1, 5, 10 and potentially 12

Holy shit, that an impressive list. They’ll cope given their playing base but it will make Friday night all the more difficult but not insurmountable.

Friday prediction France by 6.

I am tempted to go France by that margin too. New Zealand have a few injuries of their own and are a little bare at prop, lock and flanker, Jordie Barrett may be out too at inside centre.

I've just been through England's fixtures to put them in my diary

v Argentina - Mrs mx's birthday dinner out. no hope of watching the game.
v Japan - at a festival in the middle of nowhere. no hope.
v Chile - Urban New Forest walk (maybe the pub will have it on?)
v Samoa - should be able to watch it, if we are still in it by then. Might miss the first half if WCFC are at home in the cup.

Whoopee. :(

Not planned that well! Samoa is the last England pool game.

There will be some other crackers on, Friday nights game for one but I reckon Sunday night - Wales v Fiji will be great too.

French team named, they look hot to trot with Woki in at lock.

More importantly had the first pint at airport selfie from one of our party who are spending a few days in some vineyards first.

I've recently watched this year's Rugby Championship back, and I was a bit surprised that Carter Gordon is being tipped as one to watch in the WC. I'm no half back expert, or even rugby in general, but his kicking looked pretty poor to me. At least twice he didn't clear the ten metre line off kick off. Presumably he was deliberately going short. but it can't be that hard for a top fly half, can it?

I've recently watched this year's Rugby Championship back, and I was a bit surprised that Carter Gordon is being tipped as one to watch in the WC. I'm no half back expert, or even rugby in general, but his kicking looked pretty poor to me. At least twice he didn't clear the ten metre line off kick off. Presumably he was deliberately going short. but it can't be that hard for a top fly half, can it?
It was one of his first times kicking in a senior match, he doesn’t kick for his club team IIRC

Smells like the Aussies may be building to the Lions tour rather than the WC. Given how low the game has fallen the Lions series could be the start off a rivival of union in aus.

Team are now being named. England are playing a right hotchpotch of a team but you never know it might just work. Two players not even in the initial squad are starting which just shows how clueless the coach is IMO.

Ireland have gone fairly full strength against Romania.

Getting very excited now, I can’t wait for the first game.

NZ - France tonight then. Predictions? Will the pressure of the whole thing be too much.

NZ seem very beatable in recent years. I'm gonna miss it due to other commitments unfortunately :(

I watched a French podcast earlier, where one pundit described Dupont as "Zidane plus Ronaldo plus Messi", so it's good they're not overhyping their star man.

I am really nervous about tonight. Think we'll miss Danty, but here's hoping we pull it off. France by 5.

I am shitting it though, worried NZ will turn it on after that kicking by SA

Back
Top Bottom