Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

Borthwick out before the world cup.

As it stands it will be five defeats in six. And haven't even had a competitive game (tournament game).

He's literally filled the team with 15 Harry Mcguires (football) and expecting them to make it work.

He's just Sauron, shoving Orcs into the team. Wheres the guile, the quick thinking and all that stuff?

(I am a new convert fro football to rugby btw so ymmv)

Wales have Fiji in their first game in France and given how close the England v Wales games were this month I am not sure how long Welsh fans will be laughing

Wales have Fiji in their first game in France and given how close the England v Wales games were this month I am not sure how long Welsh fans will be laughing

I can see that. Fiji to progress this time?

RFU paid millions for these largely unproven coaches from Leicester. Having spent millions more paying off Eddie Jones.

So far England have won 3/9 games under Borthwick - twice against a poor Wales and once against Italy - and have been terrible to watch, porous in defence and devoid of creativity in attack.

I know it's Ireland's B team.
I know Samoa got lucky with the ball off the face.
But they just wrecked Ireland's scrum to take the lead.
Fair play Samoa.
Suspect the second half will be a bit different!

Borthwick out before the world cup.

As it stands it will be five defeats in six. And haven't even had a competitive game (tournament game).

He's literally filled the team with 15 Harry Mcguires (football) and expecting them to make it work.

He's just Sauron, shoving Orcs into the team. Wheres the guile, the quick thinking and all that stuff?

(I am a new convert fro football to rugby btw so ymmv)
This is a fabulous post.

Nope. We're fucked (probably). The difference (maybe) is that Gatland is actually a good coach with pedigree and can train teams to work to a limited but effective gameplan that focuses on keeping the game tight. We won't beat Fiji any other way.

In an 'expanding the global game and enabling talented but hitherto underfunded and underrepresented teams to flourish' way I really hope Fiji do well, 'cos they're a joy to watch. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of us. What would be REALLY funny would be for us and Fiji to knock the Aussie out.

In an 'expanding the global game and enabling talented but hitherto underfunded and underrepresented teams to flourish' way I really hope Fiji do well, 'cos they're a joy to watch. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of us. What would be REALLY funny would be for us and Fiji to knock the Aussie out.

I can get behind this.

Didn’t watch the ireland game, were they just having a bad day? They have a few games to build into their World Cup pool

Nope. We're fucked (probably). The difference (maybe) is that Gatland is actually a good coach with pedigree and can train teams to work to a limited but effective gameplan that focuses on keeping the game tight. We won't beat Fiji any other way.
Yes Gatland’s ability to get Wales punching above their weight by making matches a low scoring arm wrestle won by a kick could work. Not sure that he’s got the players for that anymore though

Didn’t watch the ireland game, were they just having a bad day? They have a few games to build into their World Cup pool

Bad day, bad weather (first half), lucky bounce off the face of a Samoa player that led to him scoring a try, bit of arrogance from Ireland as well I suspect, and Samoa frankly brought it. Some lovely footwork from them and they pounced on every Irish error.
Pressure got them in the last 5 though, no composure and so butchered two line out possibilities

Another good second half performance from Scotland. Will need everything to go right though to have any hope against SA.

Samoa are just a really good side, with some excellent new additions thanks to WR very sensible policy of allowing players to change alligence and are well coached with Leinster's attack coach and video analyst as part of the team.

We were off too, (and very lucky) its been reported that certain players who played last night were told that they were not going to be part of the squad before the game, its been reported by Murray Kinsella who is pretty credible.

Even so doesn't take away from the fact that Samoa deserved to win last night and are gonna be a joy to watch this WC.

Back
Top Bottom