third red card in the WC Champaign and it's the first game

sorry fella what's confused you :hmm:

The man advantage part confused me.
The red was an upgrade from a yellow.
England had no man advantage, man was already off when Arg got their yellow

hmm bad wording maybe Argentina end up with a player in the sin bin

and the other team manages to get a red within moments

pretty daft bit of play if you ask me

I was pretty disappointed with our game against Romania left 14 points out there at least.still the second half was our best 40 mins since beating Scotland in the 6N.

just amazed sexton is getting stick in the press for not likinh taking a knee to the hand :D

jesus trying to watch this game without caring who wins

but the commentators endless arselicking of every movement of the English players is grating

Anyone else start singing Jackie Wilson Said every time they mention Tuilagi?

Just me then.

Argentina have choked, couldn’t handle being favourites. They are usually the underdog and weren’t this time.

England played the right tactics for the situation being a man down, but let’s be clear they don’t really have much of a game. But to score 27 unanswered points (until minute 78) a man down is immense. It will reinforce team spirit immeasurably.

Galvanising.

However they remain IMO a limited team but they’ve hit a very high ceiling based on how everyone perceived them tonight. They could easily play themselves into form for the QF - or just as easily not.

Argentina have choked, couldn’t handle being favourites. They are usually the underdog and weren’t this time.

England played the right tactics for the situation being a man down, but let’s be clear they don’t really have much of a game. But to score 27 unanswered points (until minute 78) a man down is immense. It will reinforce team spirit immeasurably.

Galvanising.

However they remain IMO a limited team but they’ve hit a very high ceiling based on how everyone perceived them tonight. They could easily play themselves into form for the QF - or just as easily not.
💯

I have no real hopes for England in this World Cup with a limited squad and a limited game plan but who knows when you get to the QF’s

Just to go back to the red card, the explanation from the ref was clear and reasonable. He had clear line of sight and smacked into the other player's head anyway. It's not just about intent or malice. It's about changing players' decision-making about what is and is not a safe thing to try to do.

Ford had an excellent game. 9/10
Mitchell was decent and has surely nailed down the starting 9 jersey
Lawes great, George and Itoje had decent games as well.

good defence, especially a man down but still dire in attack, but I suppose if your flyhalf is kicking so well, it can nullify that area of weakness

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom