Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Racism towards Travellers in the UK

Attempt at sarcasm? Or are you actually dismissing a bit of lived experience five minutes after all that song and dance above?

Anyway, premise of the thread is wrong, there is a religious minority group, distinct from their geographical areas that is routinely openly mocked and abused on these boards and elsewhere for trying to keep their culture and traditions alive.

Sorry but lol
Why? are you confused? VR is a gaming platform. Going off to do something else means well the words it says. If you can't manage that then you are beyond my level of teaching things.

Is this some weird judgement thing over someone playing a game? What century do you think we are in?

Why? are you confused? VR is a gaming platform. Going off to do something else means well the words it says. If you can't manage that then you are beyond my level of teaching things.

Is this some weird judgement thing over someone playing a game? What century do you think we are in?
Given you’re still replying it appears your advice didn’t work.

Given you’re still replying it appears your advice didn’t work.
No I went and played a few, then checked in before my food went on. Most people can do things sequently if not concurrently. Especially when the machine is doing most of the effort itself. I also was not the one moaning about it. Nor were you, tho you do whine a lot.

No I went and played a few, then checked in before my food went on. Most people can do things sequently if not concurrently. Especially when the machine is doing most of the effort itself. I also was not the one moaning about it. Nor were you, tho you do whine a lot.
I won’t bite though. Which VR headset out of interest?

The mental health crisis in the Traveling communities in Ireland can be said to stem from the inherent discrimination they face. The fencing in of people and attempts to wipe out the culture. Which can lead to suicide.

Some bollocks on this thread. Anecdotally I've had dealings with romnichel (relatives) and Irish travellers (acquaintance) and some have been sound, others have been dicks. But all this tarring people with the same brush is total bobbins.
I do think Spy has a point in a way. For example if you were a PoC and visited the likes of Eltham or The Isle of Dogs and got racially abused then you’d perhaps not venture there again. It does throw up some interesting points I think where ordinarily the left wouldn’t question someone’s lived experience of racism. This sort of pits two arguments against each other where folk think it’s fine to do so.

Some bollocks on this thread. Anecdotally I've had dealings with romnichel (relatives) and Irish travellers (acquaintance) and some have been sound, others have been dicks. But all this tarring people with the same brush is total bobbins.
There's a small but prolific amount of time wasters who have limited interest in the subject matter, unless it's to reinforce prejudices.

Have heard similar discussion in the past (not here, afaicr) from some Australians regarding Aboriginal peoples.

And their detractors will double down on how they view Aboriginals. No matter what.

As regards this thread.
It's fucking disgusting and some should be asking themselves why they bother to post here on urban.

I do think Spy has a point in a way. For example if you were a PoC and visited the likes of Eltham or The Isle of Dogs and got racially abused then you’d perhaps not venture there again. It does throw up some interesting points I think where ordinarily the left wouldn’t question someone’s lived experience of racism. This sort of pits two arguments against each other where folk think it’s fine to do so.
No he doesn't have a point. He might have a point if he was saying some travellers act like cubts, others don't. Maybe I've misunderstood but I don't get the impression that's what he's saying here.

No he doesn't have a point. He might have a point if he was saying some travellers act like cubts, others don't. Maybe I've misunderstood but I don't get the impression that's what he's saying here.
My impression is that he isn’t out there organising against travellers. He’s had bad experiences which he’s welcome to express as someone who’s been racially abused by them. Personally I’ve had zero experiences of travellers to my knowledge so have zero opinion.

There's a small but prolific amount of time wasters who have limited interest in the subject matter, unless it's to reinforce prejudices.

Have heard similar discussion in the past (not here, afaicr) from some Australians regarding Aboriginal peoples.

And their detractors will double down on how they view Aboriginals. No matter what.

As regards this thread.
It's fucking disgusting and some should be asking themselves why they bother to post here on urban.

You’re not a serious person, and you’re not really worthy of my time, however I do find you disgusting and wander such a hero of marginalised as you runs away from a question like this

I don’t really wander tbh I know exactly why

you are an unbelievably hypocritical individual Krtek

Search results for query: Idiot

Do you know where the words like idiot and moron come from, and what sort of ideas they represent, Krtek? Do you know how idiots and morons are treated? Do you know they live (ie exist) and die in the same places (camps) that you that you fantasise about ending up in?

Shechemite

You done the exact same post on the Roger Waters thread. And it still isn't some kind of gotcha, or as interesting and relevant as you seem to think it is.

If you've nothing to add to the topic, politely fuck off with your cross beef.

Cheers.

Last edited:

That’s not far off what I’ve said at all is it. I’ve said that all of the Irish travellers that I’ve had experience with (and that’s substantial) have acted like cunts and because of that I avoid large groups of them. Exactly what Magnus suggested above. Interesting that some people absolutely get this and others choose not to, and who they are.

Back
Top Bottom