Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Petition to request parliament review LTNs

Several posts a day pushing the petition on Nextdoor.

you do realise whose forums these are ?
It should not matter who posts a petition but it is interesting to see how one is given respect and left as is but this one isn't

What about this one then which was not posted by the editor - just two responses by people who signed it - I can see that the person posting it outlined their position but I did not think I needed to add much more than post the link to the petition as the rational for the petition is outlined in the content on the petition page

It should not matter who posts a petition but it is interesting to see how one is given respect and left as is but this one isn't

What about this one then which was not posted by the editor - just two responses by people who signed it - I can see that the person posting it outlined their position but I did not think I needed to add much more than post the link to the petition as the rational for the petition is outlined in the content on the petition page

With 36 pages, this is probably one of the most successful petition threads ever on Urban.

that one was also posted by editor but it wouldn't matter if it was his boards or not - he is a long time poster who gets involved in many threads and is part of the community here. He has not just popped up to post about the bee in his bonnet and not get involved in the wider community here.

You are someone random who has no interest in this place and just wants to use it to promote your petition (which as it happens is very much against the general mood of the board here, something you'd know if you actually posted here).

If you can't see why that would get different receptions, there's nothing I can say to explain it better to you.

that one was also posted by editor but it wouldn't matter if it was his boards or not - he is a long time poster who gets involved in many threads and is part of the community here. He has not just popped up to post about the bee in his bonnet and not get involved in the wider community here.

You are someone random who has no interest in this place and just wants to use it to promote your petition (which as it happens is very much against the general mood of the board here, something you'd know if you actually posted here).

If you can't see why that would get different receptions, there's nothing I can say to explain it better to you.
If this forum was a more friendly place where you could have conversations without being insulted or receiving offensive remarks then I might be more inclined to get involved in other discussions but after what I have experienced with this thread

Actually maybe I can explain it better ianarmstrong

Imagine these two scenarios:
1) A friend of yours who you have known for many years tells you they've got a petition about something they are passionate about and asks if you'd sign it
2) You are walking down the street and someone with a megaphone shouts at you to sign a petition

Do you react the same to these two situations? I know I wouldn't.

I hope that other weirdo doesn't start posting again when his ban ends.
Anyway I'm going to try (again) to iggy both the poster and this damn thread.

If this forum was a more friendly place where you could have conversations without being insulted or receiving offensive remarks then I might be more inclined to get involved in other discussions but after what I have experienced with this thread
boring one-dimensional petrol-head.

Actually maybe I can explain it better ianarmstrong

Imagine these two scenarios:
1) A friend of yours who you have known for many years tells you they've got a petition about something they are passionate about and asks if you'd sign it
2) You are walking down the street and someone with a megaphone shouts at you to sign a petition

Do you react the same to these two situations? I know I wouldn't.
I disagree with your interpretation as both posts are no different to one another and you can choose to engage or not as you want. If I saw a petition than I disagreed with and had no intention to sign I would just ignore it as I do frequently on various social media platforms

There are odd parallels with the two petitions for me because I'm allergic to legumes and therefore can't eat many vegan options, but I have zero objections to there being more vegan options out there and there being a lot more shelf space given over to vegan products. I might be in a bit of bother if they banned meat altogether, but I'd have to be a weird conspiraloon to believe that this was going to lead to a new world order where you can only eat the animals you can catch withing 15 minutes of your home.

There are odd parallels with the two petitions for me because I'm allergic to legumes and therefore can't eat many vegan options, but I have zero objections to there being more vegan options out there and there being a lot more shelf space given over to vegan products. I might be in a bit of bother if they banned meat altogether, but I'd have to be a weird conspiraloon to believe that this was going to lead to a new world order where you can only eat the animals you can catch withing 15 minutes of your home.

Fortunately not allergic to fungus.

I don't believe I have been "derogatory towards" you.
Claiming I was rude when I responded to someone else's point when I thought they were asking for help to find something in an article I posted and claiming it was bad manners to not read every single post and respond to them all - there are about 20 or more different people all posting remarks, often extremely offensive and insulting, and I will address them as I see fit in my own time so it is inappropriate to claim it is bad manners if I do not address all the posts and points being made

I disagree with your interpretation as both posts are no different to one another and you can choose to engage or not as you want. If I saw a petition than I disagreed with and had no intention to sign I would just ignore it as I do frequently on various social media platforms
Yeah, no surpise to me that you have such a lack of understanding or awareness, but then you as you've just said see this as just another social media platform like facebook or twitter, setup for anyone to spam whatever hobby horse they are on this month. If you weren't so disrespectful to this place from the start, you would have (a) known this is not that kind of place (b) expected that this would get a lot of disagreement and (c) not had people be so disrespectful towards you.

You've treated this place like street preachers treat the street, so you should expect to get treated like street preachers do (and I mean that in the broadest sense possible - not just the religious ones but the political ones and the charity muggers too, and anyone else who tries to accost you on the street with their thing).

Yeah, no surpise to me that you have such a lack of understanding or awareness, but then you as you've just said see this as just another social media platform like facebook or twitter, setup for anyone to spam whatever hobby horse they are on this month. If you weren't so disrespectful to this place from the start, you would have (a) known this is not that kind of place (b) expected that this would get a lot of disagreement and (c) not had people be so disrespectful towards you.

You've treated this place like street preachers treat the street, so you should expect to get treated like street preachers do (and I mean that in the broadest sense possible - not just the religious ones but the political ones and the charity muggers too, and anyone else who tries to accost you on the street with their thing).
Even if I had been very involved in lots of conversations on here before and this was a PRO LTN post I would probably have just ignored it and if I did engage I would not have insulted the poster or used offensive words just because I had a different opinion to them

Even if I had been very involved in lots of conversations on here before and this was a PRO LTN post I would probably have just ignored it and if I did engage I would not have insulted the poster or used offensive words just because I had a different opinion to them
ermm, I'm not talking about what you would do, I'm talking about what other people would do. You've already shown what you would do in a place like this and it's none of the above.

Back
Top Bottom