Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Petition to request parliament review LTNs

Article in the Times highlighting how LTN traffic count monitoring equipment significantly underestimates traffic by between 5% and 35% and how it does not take in to account congestion as it is not designed to monitor stop-start-idling traffic - it also points out the conflict of interest in appointing Rachel Aldred's Active Travel Academy of University of Westminster to perform a review for the petition due to her being a former trustee of LCC

ah thanks, so that explains the rise in traffic on Green Lanes - it was going faster because of the LTN!!

Another insulting comment where you cannot refrain from talking about me - your minimising of LTNs to a minor change to journeys just shows how you do not understand the real impact LTNs are having on people, businesses and community organisations
oh, I run a community organisation that relies on having deliveries into the West Green LTN.

On the first week our delivery was delayed about 15 minutes.

The last month, they've been turning up 30 minutes early and it's causing us problems.

Fucking LTN. Making deliveries faster.

oh, I run a community organisation that relies on having deliveries into the West Green LTN.

On the first week our delivery was delayed about 15 minutes.

The last month, they've been turning up 30 minutes early and it's causing us problems.

Fucking LTN. Making deliveries faster.
All right Jack clearly as long as you are ok then there can’t be anything to worry about and everyone one else must be dreaming about the issues they are encountering

10600 signatures so far so a response is now expected and we need 100k to force a debate
13,274 signatures as of today. All this back and forth and argument and tension and for what?

3,274 signatures a month will get you to 100,000 in about 3 years I think, the petition will expire by then and LTNs will have been introduced all over the place. You might need to just accept that you've failed.

"cars give me the freedom to move long distances quickly"
The government spends 10 million to shave ten minutes off a journey by adding more road
"Sound"
The government spends a fifth of that to increase the journey by ten minutes by ensuring you can't rat run
"I will scream and scream"

Ian is now circulating two new petitions. One to remove the mayor, one to remove the mayor's power to introduce the extended ULEZ. That's where it's at these days, getting furious about LTNs is old hat, getting furious about the extended ULEZ is in.

I’m pretty sure there is a petition to remove the mayor every 4 years, and the current guy got 55% of the votes last time.

13,274 signatures as of today. All this back and forth and argument and tension and for what?

3,274 signatures a month will get you to 100,000 in about 3 years I think, the petition will expire by then and LTNs will have been introduced all over the place. You might need to just accept that you've failed.
Don’t worry your pretty little head about me

No but it should be delayed whist more support is provided to help people upgrade to compliant vehicles or exemptions provided for those people who can’t afford to upgrade
You know that TfL have delayed >3 years since Shapps imposed the expansion as a condition of the May 2020 funding agreement?

Kicking the can down the road can count as active travel if you follow it on foot.
There should have been major involvement of car dealerships to help and support people to upgrade as the support provided is simply scrappage scheme and not an upgrade scheme

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom