Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

North Shropshire by-election

so. any info on when we get the result?
Shropshire Star says
In 2019 the result was announced just before 4.30am with a 67.9 per cent turnout (56.513 votes to count). Two years earlier the result was declared at 3.30am after 55,539 votes were counted.
Turnout could well be less in this contest meaning it won't take as long to count the votes; the Old Bexley and Sidcup by-election earlier this month had a turnout of 33.5 per cent, down from 69.8 per cent in the 2019 General Election. That result was announced between 1.30am and 2am.
But while there may be fewer votes to count, if the predictions of a close race between the Tories and Lib Dems prove to be accurate, then recounts could draw out the process and push it nearer to the 3.30am/4.30am we have seen in previous years.

Given the way the Lib Dems have been hyped by some Tories I'm predicting the vermin will hold the seat, allowing the thatched cunt to claim it as some sort of Churchillian victory. Hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, it sounds like- as usual- the Liberals getting their excuses in early by blaming Labour for standing at all. If the blustercunt presides over a majority collapsing from 23,000 to about 1500-2000 that will be just as damaging- still the "trajectory of a party in freefall" as the MSM will present it.

It seems like weirdo religious crank & human Thunderbird puppet Tim Farron has been prominent in this campaign. He's such a repellent character it's no wonder the Liberals look likely to come up short. I think "Lord" Rennard is truly beyond the pale these days.

The Liberals routinely lie about their chances of winning in elections- it was part of "Lord" Rennard's by-election DNA...quite surprised the MSM has bought the FOCUS leaflet strategy tbh.

If somehow they do win, whilst it will be nice to see the blustercunt further discomfited, there will be no real joy to be taken from another pious right-wing freemarket blowhard being elected to Westminster, instead of the double-barrelled blowhard in a blue rosette.

hmm

it's like one of those football matches where i want both sides to lose

i don't want the vermin to win

i don't want the yellow vermin to win

i don't want it to be a result that could be seen as an endorsement for sir keith moving the labour party right wing

i don't want it to be a bad result for labour, as sir keith will take that as an indication that he hasn't moved the party right wing enough yet

MEH

is count dustbinhead or whatever he's called standing?

Back
Top Bottom