Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peter Bone's time is up! Wellingborough by-election.

Getting referenced by him in the House is a thing. One that's gone on long enough that one presumes she appreciates it

Didn’t the woman he always used to go on about get ditched by him for a younger model?

According to the beeb report, the recall petition gained 13.2% of the electorate ...

I get the impression Bone slagged off the whole idea that some of his constituents don't like him.
I suspect he might try standing as an independent, if he does, even with Farage endorsing him, I hope the bullying barsteward loses his deposit !

Reform UK have nominated Ben(yamin) Habib, one of their Deputy leaders, to stand here.

From The Mirror

The partner of flasher ex-MP Peter Bone has been selected to replace him as the Tory candidate in the seat he was booted out of.

Mr Bone's constituents voted to kick him out of the seat last month paving the way for a by-election in Wellingborough. A date for the by-election will be set after MPs return to Parliament after the Christmas recess on Monday.

Tory Party Chairman Richard Holden announced Mr Bone's girlfriend Helen Harrison, a Tory councillor in Northamptonshire, has been selected as the party's candidate to replace him. He wrote: "Congratulations to Cllr Helen Harrison on being selected for #Wellingborough at a packed meeting of Conservative members this afternoon #WellingboroughByElection."

Disgraced MP Mr Bone was suspended from the Commons for six weeks in October after an inquiry found he had subjected a staff member to bullying and sexual misconduct. Parliament's Independent Expert Panel ruled he had engaged in “a wilful pattern of bullying” which included "an unwanted incident of sexual misconduct, when the complainant was trapped in a room with the respondent in a hotel in Madrid”It was reported in November that Mr Bone was threatening to run as an independent in a potential Wellingborough by-election, unless his girlfriend was added to the shortlist of candidates. It sparked fears among Tories that Mr Bone, who had a large majority of 18,540 in the 2019 election, could potentially split the Conservative vote and hand victory to Labour.

Labour will be aiming to snatch the constituency after a series of stunning by-election victories in 2023, including in Mid-Bedfordshire where the party overturned a majority of 24,664. The party has already selected Gen Kitchen, who grew up in Northamptonshire, as their candidate. She has said residents were "frankly embarrassed by the actions of their MP" and felt abandoned by the Government

'Mistress'? That feels like quite a loaded term. According to Wikipedia, while it's technically correct (he is still married), he's apparently been separated from his wife for seven years so 'girlfriend' or 'partner' seems more appropriate.
Well it is a loaded term because it's Peter Bone, I think it's deserved.

I'll change my post to partner, all the same

Unbelievable, even more reason for people not to vote Tory in this by-election, Labour must be enjoying this.

Back
Top Bottom