Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peter Bone's time is up! Wellingborough by-election.

Im sure that was one of, if not, the main reason they went with selecting her.

Nah, in constituency parties where the MP has been there since Jesus, it's all about the personal ties to the MP - you'd probably find that all the local party officers have been friends/fellow travellers with bone for more than 20 years, that you go nowhere in the local party without being close with him.

It'll be a closed shop. They'd have taken his side against the allegations, and they'll have blamed the party for not getting him off.

In an increasing cesspit of sexual and politcal sleaze, the Conservative Party has been accused of 'caving' to the demands of disgraced ex-MP Peter Bone after they selected his partner, Helen Harrison, a local councillor who is in a relationship with Peter Bone, to stand in his former seat:

"Rather than wait for constituents to pass judgment, senior sources have alleged that Bone, 71, offered to resign to force an immediate by-election if his girlfriend, Helen Harrison, 51, was put on the party’s shortlist of candidates. The recall petition closes on December 19.

26 November 2023: Peter Bone’s plan for girlfriend to replace him - or risk splitting Tory vote

"The truth of the issue is that we were contacted by people within the party and it was suggested that Peter could resign before the recall petition started and it was suggested by those people I would be in the final selection to be the candidate. We turned that option down and Peter allowed the recall petition to go ahead.”

16 January 2024: Wellingborough by-election - first interview with Peter Bone's girlfriend, Helen Harrison, as she bids to replace him as MP

17 January 2024: Tory by-election candidate ‘proud’ to have flasher ex-MP lover Peter Bone campaign for her

3_GettyImages-1134400305.jpg

(Source: Getty Images)

Helen Harrison and Peter Bone.

Is it Wellingborough's constituents who are now being 'Boned'?

For some reason, despite having the same polling day as Kingswood, the deadline for nominations for this seat is 23 January 2024, a full week after the candidates list was published for Kingswood (see the other thread)

Wellingborough by-election
Statement of Persons Nominated

BRICK, Nick The Flying (The Official Monster Raving Loony Party)
GUNN, Ana Savage (Liberal Democrats)
HABIB, Ben (Reform UK)
HARRISON, Helen Jane (The Conservative Party Candidate)
JAY MALA POST-MORTEM, Ankit Love JKNPP (no ballot paper description)
KITCHEN, Gen (Labour Party)
MEROLA, Alex (Britain First - Stop The Boats)
MORRIS, Will (Green Party)
PYNE-BAILEY, Andre (Independent)
TURNER-HAWES, Marion Eileen (no ballot paper description)
WATTS, Kev (Independent)

Wellingborough by-election
Statement of Persons Nominated

BRICK, Nick The Flying (The Official Monster Raving Loony Party)
GUNN, Ana Savage (Liberal Democrats)
HABIB, Ben (Reform UK)
HARRISON, Helen Jane (The Conservative Party Candidate)
JAY MALA POST-MORTEM, Ankit Love JKNPP (no ballot paper description)
KITCHEN, Gen (Labour Party)
MEROLA, Alex (Britain First - Stop The Boats)
MORRIS, Will (Green Party)
PYNE-BAILEY, Andre (Independent)
TURNER-HAWES, Marion Eileen (no ballot paper description)
WATTS, Kev (Independent)
Ana Savage Gunn! :eek: :D

Wouldn’t mind a flying brick or two hitting some of those candidates tbh

I knew that name reminded me of something.

Back in the late 70s there was this over zealous GPO bloke that went out of his way, often in his own time at weekends, to raid home-based CBers, and pirate radio stations across south Kent & Sussex.

He over stepped the mark once, when raiding a CB radio operator at home and assaulting his misses with a torch of all things, the local CB club went nuts, they tracked his home address, and one CBer posted half a paving slab though his front room window. Not something I personally approved of, but at least it was in the early hours, well after lights out, so no one was likely to be hurt.

Next day on the CB band, most operators had changed their handles to the likes of 'flying paving slab', 'half-a-paving slab', 'I am a brick', etc., etc., properly taking the mick, which must have pissed him right off. :D

I knew that name reminded me of something.

Back in the late 70s there was this over zealous GPO bloke that went out of his way, often in his own time at weekends, to raid home-based CBers, and pirate radio stations across south Kent & Sussex.

He over stepped the mark once, when raiding a CB radio operator at home and assaulting his misses with a torch of all things, the local CB club went nuts, they tracked his home address, and one CBer posted half a paving slab though his front room window. Not something I personally approved of, but at least it was in the early hours, well after lights out, so no one was likely to be hurt.

Next day on the CB band, most operators had changed their handles to the likes of 'flying paving slab', 'half-a-paving slab', 'I am a brick', etc., etc., properly taking the mick, which must have pissed him right off. :D
Can you remember his name?

Can you remember his name?

Eric Gotts?

Gotts was the main arsehole in London at the time, Radio Jackie not only produced some very funny 'I hate Eric' badges, but also successfully got him prosecuted for assault on one of their on-site crew during a raid. They produced a load of eye witnesses in court, that claimed they saw what happened as they were hiding in nearby hedges, despite the fact that none of them were anywhere near the site when it was raided! :D

The arsehole based in East Sussex was John Ridd, that cunt smashed my camera when I was trying to photograph him outside a court in Eastbourne, but despite me making an official complaint, the police refused to take it further.

He absolutely hated me, after I got off in a different court case, resulting from being on the site of 'South Coast Radio' in Eastbourne during a raid, my defence was that I run a pirate radio magazine, and was only there as a reporter, FFS I was only 16 at the time, but my legal aid funded solicitor got me off.

Ridd was not all all happy, he knew if he ever caught me again, on any site, I had a 'get out of jail free' card, he was fucking furious at that! :D

Meh. I guess the figures are suspiciously round numbers but it's plausible enough that her business provided support to the campaign and was eligible to have those expenses paid. Hardly a duck island situation.

Back
Top Bottom