Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New age cosmic hippies and the far right

Sorry Butch, but it is a fair comparison. I don't really want to get into this when I've got a lot to get on with right now, but as far as I can see Jeff Robinson is at least as fascist as the people I debate with on Stormfront - probably worse than some.

If you bar them from posting here, he should be banned as well.
He's not and you you can't see very far. Your comparison is absurd ridiculous ignorant and makes you look daft. You've spent 10years debating fascists and you cannot distinguish been fascism and a rhetorical trope.

What do you think fascism is?

I've made my point. It was that JR's acting like a 13 year old, shouting kill kill at everything and everyone s/he doesn't like.

He's not and you you can't see very far. Your comparison is absurd ridiculous ignorant and makes you look daft. You've spent 10years debating fascists and you cannot distinguish been fascism and a rhetorical trope.

What do you think fascism is?

I probably have a different definition of it from yours. Fascism IMO is the political expression of the refusal to tolerate deviation from some idealised notion of how people "should" be.

If you like Robert Pirsig (as I do), it's what happens when the social quality asserts and gains primacy over intellectual quality - the wrong way round.

I probably have a different definition of it from yours. Fascism IMO is the political expression of the refusal to tolerate deviation from some idealised notion of how people "should" be.

If you like Robert Pirsig (as I do), it's what happens when the social quality asserts and gains primacy over intellectual quality - the wrong way round.
That's a pathetic worthless and insulting definition of fascism.

You spent years building up relationships with fascists and this is what you come up with? Grow up.

You what? What is the right way round?

Why are you obsessed by fascists?

Meltingpot - to stop any further derail of this thread: if you wish to follow this up with me personally, please PM me. Otherwise, I'm bowing out here and going to check the rest of the Urban universe...

You what? What is the right way round?

Why are you obsessed by fascists?

The intellectuals should always have primacy over the social order, because they provide the ideas from which it can evaluate itself and make correction.

I don't believe I am obsessed by them, but if I am it's because I've always hated bullies at least since I was old enough to have a social conscience and fascism is an extreme manifestation of bullying.

OK, give me a better one.
I don't have to make your one redundant but fascism is (as movement not regime) a movement that grew out of specific historical social relations. The key one being the destruction of independent working class political or economic organising. The rest is aggressive nationalism, internal policing of dissent,direction of labour and you know...jew laws.

The intellectuals should always have primacy over the social order, because they provide the ideas from which it can evaluate itself and make correction.

I don't believe I am obsessed by them, but if I am it's because I've always hated bullies at least since I was old enough to have a social conscience and fascism is an extreme manifestation of bullying.

You fucking what? What do you think that you're saying?

You've wasted 10 years going out of you way to talk to them.

I'm happy to meet you, no probs with that. I'll tell you face to face why i think that that you're an idiot and why though.

Sure, as long as you realise that won't be my reason for attending the meet as I want to make some good social contacts (hint: I'm still single). I've got people in RL who can tell me I'm an idiot if I really want that sort of thing.

Definition of fascism - I think you're right as per the accepted political definition but if you remember the political compass, fascists (as per that accepted definition) pretty much always score very high on the "right wing" and "authoritarianism" axes. It's not therefore that big a logical jump to think that the desire to suppress and eliminate features strongly in their reason for adopting political viewpoints.

I probably need a better word to describe what I mean by fascism, which is obviously broader than the definition you gave here, but "authoritarianism" doesn't really cover it especially when you're talking about people being killed. It's not like the word "fascism" isn't used loosely anyway though a case could probably be made that it should be tightened up.

Sorry Butch, but it is a fair comparison. I don't really want to get into this when I've got a lot to get on with right now, but as far as I can see Jeff Robinson is at least as fascist as the people I debate with on Stormfront - probably worse than some.

The term "fascist" has a meaning that goes well beyond "intolerant". You're helping to dilute the meaning of the concept - a concept that should rightly inspire terror. In doing so you do a little bit of the fascist's work for them.

Isn't it you who votes BNP?

Back
Top Bottom