Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Agree with zedr that it adds to the fash / TR victimhood narrative - the raising of money for the families of these “political prisoners of the state” is contrasted against the “fighting age foreign men in rape gangs put up in hotels at the taxpayer expense” argument they put across

Agree with zedr that it adds to the fash / TR victimhood narrative - the raising of money for the families of these “political prisoners of the state” is contrasted against the “fighting age foreign men in rape gangs put up in hotels at the taxpayer expense” argument they put across
I think we should also consider the fact that PA are ethno nationalists whereas Robinson's mob are civic nationalists . They are rivals. PA's activity needs to be seen in the context of them wanting to be seen as the better nationalists , more committed to the cause.

Interesting to see the far right adopt these tactics. Think this is the first time I've seen an org like this show support and meaningful solidarity for ppl in prison rather than just throwing them under the bus. Is it new? Or just something that I've missed?

Doing fundraisers and prisoner solidarity letter writing is going to help them build up a base of support and trust and will help their branding that 'we take care of our own'.
I think over in the US, there's been pretty extensive support for the January 6th arrestees, but it does seem new in the UK context - presumably NA must've done some support for their prisoners, until the point where pretty much all of them ended up inside? Definitely not something I'd think of the EDL and successor groups as being any good at, but dunno if it would've been part of the older NF/BM/BNP traditions back in the day?

Back
Top Bottom