Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

'What was she thinking' is an interesting question. She appears to be mixed race and so you do end up wondering how she ended up on 'that side' in these riots. And even if she's not an ideological racist, how she still ended up joining what were truly horrible racist protests is a real issue. What the dividing line between racist sentiments and 'just joining in something'... who knows. Something that seems to have got a bit lost in the commentary on the riots.
According to her solicitor, she didn't even know what an asylum seeker was. :facepalm:

I think over in the US, there's been pretty extensive support for the January 6th arrestees, but it does seem new in the UK context - presumably NA must've done some support for their prisoners, until the point where pretty much all of them ended up inside? Definitely not something I'd think of the EDL and successor groups as being any good at, but dunno if it would've been part of the older NF/BM/BNP traditions back in the day?
The fash used to circulate lists and details of their prisoners. I remember writing to Joe Pierce (imprisoned fash in the 80’s) cunting him off regularly.

I'm taking the dog out
Where to the field?
No to the race riot
Hang on Mum , I'll come with you

The left's reasons for rioting can be a bit literal: 'because I hate capitalism/arms companies/global polluters'. To be fair to the right, there's more of a sense of community - just walking the dog... out with me mam and the kids... seeing how far I could push a burning wheelie bin...

The left's reasons for rioting can be a bit literal: 'because I hate capitalism/arms companies/global polluters'. To be fair to the right, there's more of a sense of community - just walking the dog... out with me mam and the kids... seeing how far I could push a burning wheelie bin...
I have been on so called left wing riots (1985 Brixton for example) , and loads were looting, robbing each other, settling beef with violence with many more just hanging about.

90008527-13882731-image-a-28_1727118292626.jpg

90006125-13882731-image-m-7_1727111867287.jpg
90006123-13882731-image-a-8_1727111877975.jpg

Dog-walking mother Amanda Walton (left) of Ashling Way in Linthorpe, and daughter (and mother of two) Megan Davison (right) of Seaton Street in central Middlesbrough. Walton has six previous convictions, including two for battery.

They joined in the white supremacist riot in Middlesbrough on 4 August 2024 as their fellow rioters shouted "take our country back"

89067175-13793047-Megan_Davison_24_with_her_live_in_partner_Jake_Wray_23_took_part-a-17_1724949856614.jpg

Davison's live-in partner Jake Wray (right) was filmed setting up a "racial checkpoint" at a nearby road junction, asking terrified motorists: 'Are you white? Are you English?' before deciding whether to let them pass. He awaits sentence.

What were they all thinking?

No idea why it took the Police 6 and a half weeks to arrest someone on a disabled buggy, openly chucking up Nazi salutes at a peaceful anti racism protest, despite seeing him, speaking to him and leading him away, at the time, but better late than never, I guess. :facepalm:

Screenshot-2024-08-13-at-09.45.11.png

Poll tax riots drew in loads of passer-byes; shoppers, people in pubs, the Marquee queue, all in awe of the whole spectacle who then got right involved against the plod
Yeah, I was musing upthread in terms of how much overlap there was with 2011. Not some sort of 'oh look at the drunk people up for a ruck'. More how shit socioeconomic circumstances opens up a route into disorder full stop.

Poll tax riots drew in loads of passer-byes; shoppers, people in pubs, the Marquee queue, all in awe of the whole spectacle who then got right involved against the plod
Anti-poll tax had massive public support, I can remember nothing else like it.

Anyone going to the hotel demos (which generally seem to be out-of-town sites) was doing so with intent to harass the people stuck there. It’s different to stumbling on a riot going on down the road on the way to the corner shop. Everyone there will be fash-adjacent and should really get a harsher sentence for it.

No idea why it took the Police 6 and a half weeks to arrest someone on a disabled buggy, openly chucking up Nazi salutes at a peaceful anti racism protest, despite seeing him, speaking to him and leading him away, at the time, but better late than never, I guess. :facepalm:

Screenshot-2024-08-13-at-09.45.11.png

Ironic, given the Nazis' persecution of people with disabilities...

Yeah, I was musing upthread in terms of how much overlap there was with 2011. Not some sort of 'oh look at the drunk people up for a ruck'. More how shit socioeconomic circumstances opens up a route into disorder full stop.
Just on that I noticed the Guardian had some data on the riots and the rioters today:

Haven't had time to do more than scan it today, but it will be interesting to compare it to Reading the Riots (2011 riots):

Back
Top Bottom