Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Collective - new left wing party?

This, the Labour Party won (and to be clear, as a wanky reformist I’m really glad they did) but they did it with a very effective and very cynical campaign to make maximum use of the damage Reform did to the Tories. This is entirely down to the bizarre electoral system we have.
That's one reading of it, I suppose. Another reading is that the Labour campaign appealed to nobody and they slipped through with barely one third of the vote share because Reform split the Tory vote.

Labour didn't win the election, the Tories lost it. Labour stumbled into a huge majority on the back of an awful campaign that inspired nobody. They could hardly fail to win given the circumstances.

That's one reading of it, I suppose. Another reading is that the Labour campaign appealed to nobody and they slipped through with barely one third of the vote share because Reform split the Tory vote.

Labour didn't win the election, the Tories lost it. Labour stumbled into a huge majority on the back of an awful campaign that inspired nobody. They could hardly fail to win given the circumstances.

It inspired a very narrow band of right leaning people in some key marginals whilst pissing off probably more people, but in labour safe seats. It was one of the most cynical British elections there has been. But also one of the most successful- though I fear that will only be temporary.

Yes the Tories lost, because of the car crash they had become and because of Reform. But the Labour campaign maximised the benefits to them of this. I hated it. Not least because as part of the collateral damage I got a fucking Reform MP.

If Corbyn's Labour had won power, they might actually have done some good in office. This bunch of grasping cunts have fallen into power with no intention of doing any good at all.

What is the point in a Labour victory if they will do nothing when in power? The point isn't power. The point is meaningful change, of which there will be precisely none with the current extreme r/w govt. One extreme r/w govt replaces another. Whoopdeedoo.

Back
Top Bottom