Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Massive worldwide IT outage, hitting banks, airlines, supermarkets, broadcasters, etc. [19th July 2024]

If this affects the cricket today I predict a riot. It's also the hottest day of the year. Tempers will already be frayed.

No pressure mate, but here's a white board and marker. :D

View attachment 433944

In Delhi Airport, after going through security, there is one person at Terminal 3 who is in charge of updating a whiteboard by hand with gate information.
They wanna try and find an OHP and some acetate, blow that thing up twice as large and at a higher position so more can see it.

Yes, yes I think this is a helpful contribution :confused:

I can't stop thinking about the CSRs. Those poor fuckers. "yes, it's too early to tell at the moment but we think there was an incorrect update to one of the channel fil... Well, if you'll let me finish sir we... Yes, I understand... Yes, we'll look into possible credits once.. Yes, sir I do understand your frustrati.. No, I'm not being dismiss... OK, let me speak to the engineers and see if we can get this sorted as soon as poss... Yes, OK sir, thank you".

Next call.

That for 8 hours.

I can't stop thinking about the CSRs. Those poor fuckers. "yes, it's too early to tell at the moment but we think there was an incorrect update to one of the channel fil... Well, if you'll let me finish sir we... Yes, I understand... Yes, we'll look into possible credits once.. Yes, sir I do understand your frustrati.. No, I'm not being dismiss... OK, let me speak to the engineers and see if we can get this sorted as soon as poss... Yes, OK sir, thank you".

Next call.

That for 8 hours.
Aye, was just thinking there's going to be a lot of people angrily demanding things of people who can do absolutely fuck all about the situation.

If peoples computers are getting bricked this isn't going to get sorted until everyone buys new computers....
For some institutions that's... Months...years..... To get working again
Right?

I’m not sure how. Unless they own crowdstrike.
The fact that their computers crash is a known bug. People still buy Microsoft.

Well I don't know if they own them but the buck surely stops with them. They shouldn't have been allowed to roll out this update without MS's engineers thoroughly testing it and approving it.

• Haha
Reactions: Sue
I am finding it fascinating watching Sky News, as they struggle without most of their computers, one presenter was having to read out the latest headlines from her phone, but overall they're handling it well TBH.

Back
Top Bottom