Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Massive worldwide IT outage, hitting banks, airlines, supermarkets, broadcasters, etc. [19th July 2024]

No issues for me at work.

I know the swift system went down yesterday, don't know if that is related or not.

Sky News has stumbled back on-air, with most of the screens in the background being out, two confused presenters having to read the news from sheets of paper.

Oh, hang on, they've have gone again.

I like stuff like this cos tech bros all float about talking about thought leadership and functionality and rolling out road maps and scrums and stand ups and how clever everyone is and then somebody fucks up an update in a company they didn't even realise they use and nothing works any more.

I mean, I don't like the real world consequences. But it appeals to my cynicism.

Seems we get a “bank holiday” without having to do that troublesome Euro 2024 win.

I presume you are deep in the U75 cyber bunker working frantically at a bank of 12 monitors that they have in the films which project green text onto your face saying things like ‘it’s a hyperworm and it’s got through the third firewall infrastructure, it’s all I can do to keep it out of knobing and sobbing’ whilst Editor stands behind you fielding panicked angry calls from the likes of Pickman's model and teuchter .

Thank you for your service.

I presume you are deep in the U75 cyber bunker working frantically at a bank of 12 monitors that they have in the films which project green text onto your face saying things like ‘it’s a hyperworm and it’s got through the third firewall infrastructure, it’s all I can do to keep it out of knobing and sobbing’ whilst Editor stands behind you fielding panicked angry calls from the likes of Pickman's model and teuchter .

Thank you for your service.
Well, sitting at home idly looking at 4 monitors smirking that people still think running services on a Windows machine is a good idea in 2024. There but for the grace of Zod.....

Lol. BBC keeping us fully informed on the important issues from where their journalists live. Apparently buying a croissant in Highgate just got a little harder.

In the UK, Gail's unable to take in-store payments

In the UK, bakery and coffee shop chain Gail's is reporting problems.
A sign outside the window of its Swain's Lane shop in London says it is unable to take in-store payments.
Users on social media have also reported being unable to make payments at other Gail's outlets.

Back
Top Bottom