Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Massive worldwide IT outage, hitting banks, airlines, supermarkets, broadcasters, etc. [19th July 2024]

Lol. BBC keeping us fully informed on the important issues from where their journalists live. Apparently buying a croissant in Highgate just got a little harder.

In the UK, Gail's unable to take in-store payments

In the UK, bakery and coffee shop chain Gail's is reporting problems.
A sign outside the window of its Swain's Lane shop in London says it is unable to take in-store payments.
Users on social media have also reported being unable to make payments at other Gail's outlets.

I’m not sure a world where I can’t tap and go for my overpriced patisserie item is one I want to live it. It’s our generation’s ‘Nam…

Oh Christ, here we go...

Problems reported with NHS GP system

There appears to be issues with booking appointments at some GP surgeries in England. There are multiple reports in relation to EMIS Web - which allows GPs to manage appointment bookings, conduct patient consultations, and update, store and share patient records.

Grimethorpe Surgery in Barnsley posted on X, external reporting a "major issue" saying it has "no access" to the clinical system. The clinic later posted saying: "We are aware that users are still unable to access EMIS Web."

The Church Lane Surgery in Brighouse posted on X saying "our clinical system has not been working since 7am this morning". "We have no access to patient clinical records so are unable to book appointments or provide information."

Central Lakes Medical Group in Ambleside wrote on X saying it has been "impacted by the IT outage". Solihull Healthcare Partnership in the West Midlands said there is a "national issue" with "EMIS Web", the clinical computer system.

I presume you are deep in the U75 cyber bunker working frantically at a bank of 12 monitors that they have in the films which project green text onto your face saying things like ‘it’s a hyperworm and it’s got through the third firewall infrastructure, it’s all I can do to keep it out of knobing and sobbing’ whilst Editor stands behind you fielding panicked angry calls from the likes of Pickman's model and teuchter .

Thank you for your service.
And loads and loads of flashy lights and frowns deep of deep concentration as his fingers fly over the keyboard. :thumbs:

Lol. BBC keeping us fully informed on the important issues from where their journalists live. Apparently buying a croissant in Highgate just got a little harder.

In the UK, Gail's unable to take in-store payments

In the UK, bakery and coffee shop chain Gail's is reporting problems.
A sign outside the window of its Swain's Lane shop in London says it is unable to take in-store payments.
Users on social media have also reported being unable to make payments at other Gail's outlets.
It’s a tragedy for middle class people who work in the media

Apparently this could take days to sort out. Why couldnt have happened last night to disrupt Trump's extravaganza.

Well, sitting at home idly looking at 4 monitors smirking that people still think running services on a Windows machine is a good idea in 2024. There but for the grace of Zod.....
Bit surprised at impact on the media, I thought all the "creatives" used apple.

Bit surprised at impact on the media, I thought all the "creatives" used apple.

Creatives do, the tech teams use MS usually because Apple don’t do infrastructure services and corporate services

I assume adobe - which is now cloud only and sub based and currently hosts most of the worlds photoshop users captive might also be MS server based

I can't believe that they just allow individual engineers to make global updates so this must have been tested, gone through some sort of approval process, been signed off etc etc.

So HR are going to be busy this morning. Well, once they've fixed it anyway.

The Metropolitan Police says it has not been affected by this morning's IT issues.

Everything is working normally, a spokesperson told Sky News.

Well, that's tempting fate!

Is it possible that some places aren't impacted because they don't take automatic updates? I believe the NHS have a slow process of taking updates and they usually do a first release on non critical devices which can check any impact to third parties and unique workflows that might not have been tested elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom