Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You feeling better today Badgers ?

Right as rain here. Conceded defeat at 4pm, had an hours kip, immediately felt better then had a really good night's sleep last night. That seems to have sorted it.
Spoke a bit soon. 3 days after 2nd Pfizer and I've been hit by really strong lethargy. Had a little walk on the beach this morning and feel like I could sleep for a week right now. Occasional waves of nausea too.

Surprised me a bit. I got off quite lightly with the first one. All in a good cause of course but bloody hell, I'm knackered today.

My SiL, who is accessing people at a vaccination centre, says it's common for side effects to be worst after the second dose of Pfizer, whereas it's the opposite with the Oxford/AZ one.

My SiL, who is accessing people at a vaccination centre, says it's common for side effects to be worst after the second dose of Pfizer, whereas it's the opposite with the Oxford/AZ one.

TBF, I've also previously read information (with links) on Urban -- actually quite sciencey posts, rather than just Urban anecdotes! -- that support the above, that side-effects from the second jab of Oxford/AstraZeneca tend to be less severe than the side-effects from the secnd jab of Pfizer.

I'm fucked if I can locate the relevant posts about it (this late -- after midnight on a Saturday night! ;) ), but there'll be those on here who could find them, I suspect :)

TBF, I've also previously read information (with links) on Urban -- actually quite sciencey posts, rather than just Urban anecdotes! -- that support the above, that side-effects from the second jab of Oxford/AstraZeneca tend to be less severe than the side-effects from the secnd jab of Pfizer.

I'm fucked if I can locate the relevant posts about it (this late -- after midnight on a Saturday night! ;) ), but there'll be those on here who could find them, I suspect :)

Although this study reported on here primarily looks at mixing vaccines, it has yielded data on mild side-effects from second doses using the same vaccine, and it shows Pfizer is more likely to give side-effects at the second dose compared to AZ.

This is the advice the NHS has told my SiL's team to give to people, when checking on their health conditions & meds, before sending them over to a jabber.

Will the side effects be worse for the second dose?​

Not all vaccines are the same. For the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, side effects tend to be milder with the second dose. For the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, side effects tend to be stronger with the second dose. The type of side effects are the same and should still only last a day or two.

This is the advice the NHS has told my SiL's team to give to people, when checking on their health conditions & meds, before sending them over to a jabber.

That was my experience. Odd that it had a delayed reaction, too. Really thought it was done and dusted by Friday but it came back with a vengeance yesterday and I'm still feeling a bit wonky today.

I hope these side-effects don't put people off getting the boosters we're probably going to need in the Autumn.

I could see people who've had a bad reaction to the first jab(s) affecting the uptake.

That was my experience. Odd that it had a delayed reaction, too. Really thought it was done and dusted by Friday but it came back with a vengeance yesterday and I'm still feeling a bit wonky today.
That's why I don't understand why the doctor jabbing you said the opposite, maybe they missed the up to date information/advice.

It's all new. I don't think anyone knows tbh.
This is probably right - a bit of uncharted territory given how new the vaccines are.
Uncharted territory? :D

Almost 20 million people have had a second dose.

I hope these side-effects don't put people off getting the boosters we're probably going to need in the Autumn.

I could see people who've had a bad reaction to the first jab(s) affecting the uptake.

Evidence on here suggests nobody is being put off having 2nd jabs despite bad reactions to their first. At least I know of nobody.

My sister probably had the worst reaction to her first AZ that I've heard of (ended up in A&E after 7 days). She's just had her second with no further problems.

I suppose in the NHS guidance the word “tend” is the key word. I tend to be awake apart from when I’m asleep.

I know a few people who are hesitant about their second jab as they don’t want it to ruin their planned half marathon / birthday / holiday. Seems a bit daft to me, the jab is surely more important but I’ve not really got any exciting things to look forward to anyway.

Just back from my second vaccination - this time an evening session and much slower than the first, although the queue went fast enough, they have added quite a bit to the spiel the vaccinator has to go through before they go to work.

This time she didn’t hit a nerve and te shot was pretty much painless.

Had my second AZ today. First time round I had mild symptoms, the usual aches and feeling a bit off. I have fybromyalgia and always feel a bit like that and the symptoms were so mild it may just have been a bad fybro day. Feels about the same 2nd time around. Might just be that I've not taken any pain killers all day as there's a possibility they might inhibit the immune response.

I just booked my 2nd AZ jab for 3rd June (exactly 8 weeks after my 1st, so glad they shortened the interval for my age group!)

A lot of people don't seem to know that You do not need to wait for an invitation letter/text to book your 2nd appointment

Go to the booking website

Click on "Manage my appointments" at the bottom and enter your NHS number if you have it or other details if you don't, pick a vaccination location. The website will know when you had your 1st vaccine and will offer you dates from either 8 weeks or 11 weeks afterwards, depending upon which is appropriate for your cohort.

Then just book the 2nd appointment - it's easy as that, no need to wait to be invited.

No immediate dead arm this time, no pain whatsoever at the jab point.
Nose started running within 15 minutes again + feel like there's a headache trying to get through.
Can't be arsed with work, not tired or anything, just can't be arsed :cool:
Didn’t/don’t feel much more than a headache and a bit tired and only a slightly sore arm, but had a venesection this morning which has wiped me out completely. Planning on spending the afternoon on the sofa.

Back
Top Bottom