Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boris whines he can't live on less than £300k a year.

Meanwhile the staff jabbing me on behalf of Big Pharma Mind Control Inc were in good spirits and very friendly.

I'm sure they have their moments, but I know which group of people I trust in a crisis to do their job and give a fucking shit about me, and it ain't that piss haired buffoon and his cunt crew in government

After the five days of entertainment with the first AZ, it was all fairly uneventful ... my temperature touched 36+ for a bit and I could feel slight inflammation in my neck glands which had me looking up "adenoids", but I slept well - albeit with quite dramatic dreams .
I will see how it goes later with the heavier jobs I need to do ...

I'm 46. I had my 2nd AZ vaccine almost 2 weeks ago as I'm in the vulnerable group. No nasty side effects this time.

Its a nice feeling having had it. I know they are not foolproof but I'm going to take the positives after a horrible year.

Have started going on public transport in london since being fully vaccinated. Hadn't done for over a year.

Had a date last week too. Seeing her again on Saturday. Things really starting to feel normal.

The Oxford mix & match trial is due to report in June. Wondering if I’ll be able to swerve AZ for my second jab in July.

Just had a semi amusing call from the hospital.
I had my first jab nearly 12 weeks ago and am booked in for next Tuesday (after a bit of pissing around and seemingly forgotten about).
On Wednesday I went to A&E and was booked in for an emergency appendectomy which I had on Thursday.
The various surgeons said I should check if I was still able to get the jab on tuesday or if that was now inadvisable. This would be a bit of a bummer as I am right at the end of the 12 week limit after all the shitting around.

The AZ base doing my vaccination was actually the very hospital I was currently in, but perplexingly it was utterly impossible to contact anyone from within.
Eventually I left a message through my GPs app to contact the hospital with the request who would come back to me offering me a phone appointment to discuss the situation.
Two days later the call came back just as I was in the ward toilet and I just missed the call (the only time I didn't have my phone with me), I could see it was the hospital but the number was just the front desk. They didn't call back so I went through the whole process again.
In the mean time I asked any doctor I saw what they thought and nobody knew, they all told me I had to check with the AZ team.
Just before I left the hospital I asked the nurse and her advice was to just turn up and tell them the situation.

I'm back home now, and I just got the call.
The doctor asked me why I thought there might be a problem.
"Well the surgeons who did the operation on me thought it might be an issue and that I should check"
"Are you sick or in pain?"
"No more than anyone would be a couple of days after surgery"
"I don't know what they are on about then"
"I think they were just worried there might be a conflict in some of the medication I was given"
"Why? It's not like you are on antibiotics or anything"
"Yes I am. . . two kinds of antibiotics, codeine, and blood thinning injections"
"OK don't go then, cancel and get a new date"
"But it's been so hard to even get that date booked or talk to anyone and I am already at the end of the 12 week window"
"Actually I don't know. . . go along tomorrow and ask the nurse"

It just doesn't seem like the sort of medical question no doctor is able to answer. . . . "meh, just leave it to the jabby nurse on the day. "

fwiw the available evidence shows that the immune response improves the later the second dose is given, 12 weeks+ was just the longest category they looked at. Meanwhile the immunity conferred by the first dose declines only slowly, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about having it a bit late.

ATOMIC SUPLEX, the BHF suggests it's safe, despite being on blood thinners.

These are questions specifically for people on thinners for a heart condition.
The thing about the thinners is that I have only been on them since wednesday and have no idea what an INR check is. I'm being injected with Dalteparin, which isn't mentioned, and it doesn't say on the box what it is for or what it does.

I'm sure it's fine, shame nobody could actually check my records or give me an easy answer.

fwiw the available evidence shows that the immune response improves the later the second dose is given, 12 weeks+ was just the longest category they looked at. Meanwhile the immunity conferred by the first dose declines only slowly, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about having it a bit late.
I see.
When I last heard about it I was told that beyond 12 weeks the 'boost' would be less effective.
Actually, just thinking about it, all the doctors I spoke to over the last week seemed to think time was an issue, as did the one I just spoke to on the phone.

These are questions specifically for people on thinners for a heart condition.
The thing about the thinners is that I have only been on them since wednesday and have no idea what an INR check is. I'm being injected with Dalteparin, which isn't mentioned, and it doesn't say on the box what it is for or what it does.

I'm sure it's fine, shame nobody could actually check my records or give me an easy answer.

INR is a check for Warfarin. Warfarin: a blood-thinning medicine to treat and prevent blood clots (Mentions INR down the page.)

Dalteparin is another type of anti-coagulation medication. DALTEPARIN SODIUM | Drug | BNF content published by NICE

TBH the best person to ask is the clinical lead person on the day, things change and the vaccination centres and people giving the jabs are the ones most likely to know the latest guidance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom