Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm ok with that. I think we were all expecting an ongoing programme of vaccinations probably in autumn much like annual flu vaccines to cope with different variants on a regular basis weren't we?

Eventually by doing this we'll get out of the situation we are in now - even if Coronavirus sticks around for decades we now have vaccines and some better treatments and will deal with it similar to how we deal with flu (which is also deadly - and I've had H3N2 swine flu and it is no joke, I thought I was going to die, I got some very nasty respiratory symptoms and pneumonia - but we have a good vaccination protocol and we don't go into lockdown because of it). We aren't likely going to be able to completely eradicate Covid (at least not right away), but if we can reduce transmission significantly and severity of infection in the most vulnerable then we can go back to something resembling normal. I will very happily be vaccinated to help deal with new variants each year or however long it gives protection for in order for it to no longer be a new and deadly threat.
Yep.

You can book your second if you've had the first but didn't get a date for the second. Go to "Manage my appointments" on the NHS vaccine website with your NHS number.

Is there a date restriction on that? OH is frothing at the mouth to get his 2nd done as he will feel safer when he is working

I had the Pfizer oddly early (17/2) as I’m only 49 and have no underlying conditions (there seemed to be a sudden surplus in the area and a lot of blokes in my position got the call).

A friend has booked his second AZ but they now seem to have run out of Pfizer locally so it’s not possible for me to book. That’s fine by me - I’m happy to wait as II’m not vulnerable and one jab gives good protection anyway.

Had a text today. Second Pfizer jab booked for 8 May.

OH is booked in for their second jab on Thursday (29th April) - for a Pfizer. That'll be a gap of 9 weeks and 4 days on Thursday ...

I - and the couple who live with us - all had AZs.
We Are Still Waiting (im)Patiently ...

Need to update this.

The Bezza & their OH had their second AZ jabs yesterday late afternoon. At about 10/15 minutes notice, from our GP.
[in 2 to 3 weeks they should have developed 95% protection].

So just me waiting now, as my OH is getting done tomorrow.

You can book your second if you've had the first but didn't get a date for the second. Go to "Manage my appointments" on the NHS vaccine website with your NHS number.

I tried that to book my second jab and the computer said no so I'm guessing it might depend on how your local NHS is doing things.

Had a second dose of Pfizer yesterday (two days early) and went to bed early with a splitting headache. Tired and achy today but nothing major, I'm happy.
The whole vaccine centre yesterday felt much more relaxed and chirpy than when we had the first jabs, might just be me. The nurse who jabbed me also thanked me for turning up which I think was absolutely lovely (City Hospital, Brum)

Yeah, the GP's are on their own systems, and not part of the NHS one.

According to the 'Pulse Today' website for GPs, the GPs have carried out 75% for jabs in England, and NHS organised sites the other other 25%, impressive work all round.

OH had their second Pfizer on Thursday and had been tired and had head/body-aches since. Two friends had their AZ top-ups the day before, with very limited affects, about the only one worth mentioning was a sore arm.

And, mine is booked for the 5th ! - at the local GP's rather than the PCC in Hexham I went to for the first perforation.

Whereas if you've had yours via a hospital trust you have to book both dates at the same time.

I'm getting my 2nd on Saturday :) Originally it was supposed to be a fortnight later but I got a text last week bringing it forward due to "supply considerations" as I had Pfizer. So it'll be 9 weeks between doses for me.
Snap - I think we are at the same trust

Back
Top Bottom