Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've just had my second armful of AZ's finest plague-potion.

Right now I could murder a beer and a curry. Is that one of the side effects, or am I just being a greedy guts?

The hunger thing is totally not likely to a side effect as such. A few people on here have reported increased hunger post-jab, and my take on it would be they'd been low level anxious before the jab and had not eaten as much as normal due to that, and then after the jab and the anxiety has faded apetite returns, maybe even with a bit to catch up on due to lowered food intake prior to the jab.

Last edited:
The hunger thing is totally not likely to a side effect as such. A few people on here have reported increased hunger post-jab, and my take on it would be they'd been low level anxious before the jab and had not eaten as much as normal due to that, and then after the jab and the anxiety has faded apetite returns, maybe even with a bit to catch up up due to lowered food intake prior to the jab.
Thank you. Fantastic news. I'm not a greedy git after all. It was just deficit replenishment.

(Even if I have just polished off a whopping home-made curry and 3 tins of beer.)

:)

So all this feeling shite with the aches/pains/shivers/headache etc. after AZ; is it an indicator of probable previous infection, or is that just internet bollux?

It isn't significant in terms of either previous antibodies or protection from a vaccine - whether you get side effects or not it doesn't make any difference, folks saying that side effects mean your immune system is working better or responding better to the vaccine so that you get more protection are talking bs :)

I asked the Doctor administering my AZ II when she thought we'd all be back for the variant updated booster and she said November without hesitating.

I'm ok with that. I think we were all expecting an ongoing programme of vaccinations probably in autumn much like annual flu vaccines to cope with different variants on a regular basis weren't we?

Eventually by doing this we'll get out of the situation we are in now - even if Coronavirus sticks around for decades we now have vaccines and some better treatments and will deal with it similar to how we deal with flu (which is also deadly - and I've had H3N2 swine flu and it is no joke, I thought I was going to die, I got some very nasty respiratory symptoms and pneumonia - but we have a good vaccination protocol and we don't go into lockdown because of it). We aren't likely going to be able to completely eradicate Covid (at least not right away), but if we can reduce transmission significantly and severity of infection in the most vulnerable then we can go back to something resembling normal. I will very happily be vaccinated to help deal with new variants each year or however long it gives protection for in order for it to no longer be a new and deadly threat.

Last edited:
I asked the Doctor administering my AZ II when she thought we'd all be back for the variant updated booster and she said November without hesitating.

Nobody knows exactly when yet, so her confidence in a date is slightly misplaced, but based in a good enough guess, boosters sometime in the autumn/winter are being muttered about as almost definite now.

Last edited:
Nobody knows exactly when yet, so her confidence in a date is slightly misplaced, but based in a good enough guess, boosters sometime in the autumn/winter are being muttered about as almost definite now.

They were originally suggesting boasters this autumn for the elderly and vulnerable, but with these new variants, everyone is likely to be vulnerable.

Reports from both Brazil & India are saying over half of hospital admissions are now the under 40s.

They were originally suggesting boasters this autumn for the elderly and vulnerable, but with these new variants, everyone is likely to be vulnerable.

Reports from both Brazil & India are saying over half of hospital admissions are now the under 40s.

If everywhere has the same policy on vaccinating the most vulnerable first, then that shows the vaccination programme is working, doesn't it? Or is it an indication that new variants are affecting younger people (who won't have been vaccinated yet) with more severity?

If everywhere has the same policy on vaccinating the most vulnerable first, then that shows the vaccination programme is working, doesn't it? Or is it an indication that new variants are affecting younger people (who won't have been vaccinated yet) with more severity?

Brazil & India have very low vaccination rates, it seems more to do with the new variants.

A recent study from the Brazilian Intensive Medicine Association showed that patients aged under 40 now make up the majority of those hospitalised in the country's ICUs.

Furthermore, a third of all individuals in Covid-19 intensive care beds in March had no prior health conditions, up from 25 per cent in February.

Data show that 48 per cent of Covid-19 positive patients in Mumbai between January and March were below the age of 40, and 65 per cent of newly hospitalised patients in Delhi are under the age of 45, according to the Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal.

Brazil & India have very low vaccination rates, it seems more to do with the new variants.

My worry is that places with low vaccination rates will be more likely to have new variants/mutations spring up - simply because if there is slow progress on vaccinations then there is more time for resistant variants to develop and spread. I think we all need to work together on this to get everyone worldwide vaccinated asap. Delays anywhere run the risk of more variants cropping up and spreading.

At least I think that is correct, I have experience in animal epidemiology more than human.

OH is booked in for their second jab on Thursday (29th April) - for a Pfizer. That'll be a gap of 9 weeks and 4 days on Thursday ...

I - and the couple who live with us - all had AZs.
We Are Still Waiting (im)Patiently ...

Absolutely, can't bloody wait for my second!!! :eek:

I will have to wait though, because my first was on 11th March, and 12 weeks from that makes late May/very early June most likely .... :(

My worry is that places with low vaccination rates will be more likely to have new variants/mutations spring up - simply because if there is slow progress on vaccinations then there is more time for resistant variants to develop and spread. I think we all need to work together on this to get everyone worldwide vaccinated asap. Delays anywhere run the risk of more variants cropping up and spreading.

At least I think that is correct, I have experience in animal epidemiology more than human.
I agree, India is heartbreaking.

Absolutely, can't bloody wait for my second!!! :eek:

I will have to wait though, because my first was on 11th March, and 12 weeks from that makes late May/very early June most likely .... :(

OH is fretting about (by which I mean eager for it and fretting because he wants it sooner rather than later) getting his 2nd jab, his 1st was in late Feb so he could still be waiting another few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom