Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

That's an extraordinary coincidence. Shale was in the news this morning for writing a paper that suggested that there was no reason to join the Tories and that they were widely seen as loathsome. Did Central Office track him down to a portaloo and execute him for apostasy?

The BBC just mentioned exactly the same thing. Very bizarre. Also a bit shitty cos the BBC named him and then went straight to a press conference with a policeman who said he couldn't name him as members of the family hadn't been informed, so possibly they've just found out on the telly which is rather bad :(

Yeah, glad they've had a nice day for the end of it. It's beautiful down here in Cornwall today so I hope they've got a bit of that. That photo from the stone circle looks like there was still somewhere to sit down even when it was muddy this year. This suggests that the mud wasn't really that bad compared to other mudbath years. There was nowhere to sit except your tent one year I went.

The difference between Coldplays attitude and U2's attitude to headlining is staggering imho. They all look totally into it. Loving the drummer :cool:

Not a huge Coldplay fan, but they looked like they were right up for it. The crowd enjoyed themselves, and that's the whole point.

Yeah, glad they've had a nice day for the end of it. It's beautiful down here in Cornwall today so I hope they've got a bit of that. That photo from the stone circle looks like there was still somewhere to sit down even when it was muddy this year. This suggests that the mud wasn't really that bad compared to other mudbath years. There was nowhere to sit except your tent one year I went.

Yeah they only really show pictures of the really bad places - the busy parts that mud up at the slightest hint of rain. But unless it's really really wet (which it wasn't) there's always some grass left in places where the crowd is more sparse. People will probably come back tomorrow and wonder what all this talk of mud was about.

You might be right. They just showed a shot of the main stage and there was grass visible on the hill. People sat down etc.

How many festivals can you complain of mud and sunburn. Burning to a crisp I've been today. Very few places to hide from the disc if burning wrath you English peeps call the sun. I don't see it often enough in Wales to name it.

Scorchio today.

Toured the site on top of Saracen converted into a giant beetle, about 20 of us on top with beers, convoy of vehicles led by mutoid Joe Rush, with a hoofing sound system. Every so often we'd see another one of our crew and they'd be beckoned to jump on with us. Never been photographed so much in all my life. Big cheers as we toured, and big cheers from us when kind folk water pistoled us.

The sad truth about Humanity is that some people would rather watch 'Mumford and Son' than Boncy.

Back
Top Bottom