Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

U2: 'Free Speech For All… But Get Rid Of That Balloon'

Bono1.jpg

http://www.forwardslashnews.com/?p=7961

mum wanted to watch some of bbc2's highlights earlier

literately did a full hands over face covering my eyes cringe at Bono doing a (wannabe) arrgh no 'sexy' dance:oops::facepalm:
& Mark Radcliffe appears to like Jessie J:mad:
(why the fuck was/is she on bbc3 and the red button?)

I just dug out my Glasto cotton bag from 2007 (keeping in the tradition of that year I shall be carrying vodka & cranberry though this time it's accompanying* me to a party in my mates shed). It has just super dawned on me that it is now 4 years since I have been. It really only feels like 2!!! I only found out this morning that there is no Jazz Stage anymore!

...Badgers...are you aware of the Radio6 Dee-jay Sean W Keaveney? Well I have never seen a picture of him or of you but you remind me of each other!!..:confused:

* spelling??

I used to like elbow 8 years ago but lost interest after cast of thousands. However they are making me smile now. I especially like how guy garvey is actually covered in mud too.

The difference between Coldplays attitude and U2's attitude to headlining is staggering imho. They all look totally into it. Loving the drummer :cool:

I used to like elbow 8 years ago but lost interest after cast of thousands. However they are making me smile now. I especially like how guy garvey is actually covered in mud too.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that!!! Still great live... (I used to like them 10 years ago, and still do ;) )

I just realised it's 7 years since I last went, and will be 9 by the time the next one comes around.

Seeing the chemical brothers, and all the new daft late night stuff that's taken the place of lost vagueness, I think a return to glasto ought to be on the cards for the next one.

God primal scream are pretty ropey And I never realsed how poor a singer gillespie is. They should have the gospel singer lass fronting it instead.

You have to wonder where Primal Scream would be without Andy Weatherall breathing huge life into Screamadelica where before there was very little...

I don't even like Coldplay but they played the gig of their lives. Respect.

A few hours earlier I was on stage edge for Orbital's DJ set at Arcadia. They rocked it. Full 360 gig with revolving stage. Epic. Then was asked to scoot over the Club Dada to shoot a surprise Jarvis set. Blimey the crowd loved that - totally unannounced, not even the press office people knew, they just had to guess because he was hanging around.

Now back at the van, and he tdeep bass from the late area is hoofing. Just one more hour to go before it switches off. Should have brought ear plugs. :)

A few hours earlier I was on stage edge for Orbital's DJ set at Arcadia. They rocked it. Full 360 gig with revolving stage. Epic. Then was asked to scoot over the Club Dada to shoot a surprise Jarvis set. Blimey the crowd loved that - totally unannounced, not even the press office people knew, they just had to guess because he was hanging around.

Now back at the van, and he tdeep bass from the late area is hoofing. Just one more hour to go before it switches off. Should have brought ear plugs. :)

Are you allowed to upload any pics?

LATEST: Man in his 50s found dead in portable toilet in backstage area at Glastonbury festival, police say. More details soon ...

Very sad.

/resists commenting further on the state of the toilets by Sunday.

That's an extraordinary coincidence. Shale was in the news this morning for writing a paper that suggested that there was no reason to join the Tories and that they were widely seen as loathsome. Did Central Office track him down to a portaloo and execute him for apostasy?

Back
Top Bottom