Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

Are you working on fence security there? How many come over the fence still and what percentage are caught do you think?

I do work on the fence security yes. I shouldn't really say this rover but.......it's really a piece of piss to climb over, all you need is a little bunk up and someone to throw your sleeping bag and your massive sack of drugs and you're 'sorted' as they say! 2 fingers up to those gormless plebs who spent hours clicking refresh 8 months ago hey dude!!!

Also, if you bring your tambourine there's a free slot on the jazz world stage from 9-10pm on Friday if you fancy it?

Cheers Utopia :):cool:

Just thought it would be a laugh to try.

If I get in and last til Sunday night, I'll crash the Jazz stage with a tambourine just for you! :D

Well I expect you're all about to set off fairly soon so I hope you all have a cracking weekend. I hope the weather's alright, I hope Pulp are the special guests, I hope the bogs are bearable, I hope Duane Eddy's suitably legendary and I hope Bono dies. :)

Have a good 'un, folks. :)

To the folks already there, what state is the ground in?

A picture speaks a 1000 words.....

326480605.jpg

Pic from 2007 ;-)

Not been reading all of this thread so can someone summarise when/where are the meets this year?

And as I don't know that many urbs IRL will Ihave to start shouting Urban 75?

I think the meets are usually by the Cider bus/beer tent on Wednesday/Thursday around 7pm ish - will someone correct me if it's changed.

i have a green flag/banner thing with whitecats, pink hearts and 'LOVECATS' on it but I might be too shy to hoist it up :(

I have had a text from William - as I'm sure many here have - he says bring boots and wet weather gear :(

ok i am off in the morning, i will wear my walking boots, but have packed both wellies amd optimistically my trainers... i want to rave in trainers :D

see you on site :)

awww penni don't be too shy, those of us who don't really know any/many other urbs need a sign!
iirc we usually head to the cider bus a bit earlier - 4/5ish? but that might just be us.
and I think someone was going to have kids wander around with a 'U75' sign - last time was a cup carrier covered in biro so anyone looking for it don't be looking for anything too obvious!! Plus the kids in question felt silly quite quickly so didn't do it for long. :D

BBC's been forecasting rain all day Tuesday for the south west Im not surprised they're saying bring boots & wet weather gear. :(

I think the meets are usually by the Cider bus/beer tent on Wednesday/Thursday around 7pm ish - will someone correct me if it's changed.

i have a green flag/banner thing with whitecats, pink hearts and 'LOVECATS' on it but I might be too shy to hoist it up :(

I have had a text from William - as I'm sure many here have - he says bring boots and wet weather gear :(

I'll try and have a pink jack with me if I can actually fit in with a pole to fit in my one rucksack on site only.

penni we're heading to Wickets this year if you want to come find us :)
otherwise see you at the cider bus :)

I am going to be doing ponce camping in tangerine fields cos mr mania is not so well these days.

I will find some Urbanz if it kills me :D

mysterygirl - I think I still have your number unless it's changed :)

nope, no change. :) I should be capable of conversation Im taking a small person with me this year - although who will be ultimately responsible for whom is yet to be determined :D

PS - enjoy the ponce camping!! :D

My mate has been stuffed over by Myhab.... they've pulled out. Michael Eavis has given her a tent but the whole reason she was Myhab was she has had back surgery and won't be well enough just yet to erect a tent..... fuckers.

Meanwhile, another friend had a baby this morning. I wonder if they will still come?

I'm pooped. Went to see Adam Ant last night so got in late and then couldn't sleep. Off to work today.and then finish packing later:D whoop!

My mate has been stuffed over by Myhab.... they've pulled out. Michael Eavis has given her a tent but the whole reason she was Myhab was she has had back surgery and won't be well enough just yet to erect a tent..... fuckers.

Meanwhile, another friend had a baby this morning. I wonder if they will still come?

I'm pooped. Went to see Adam Ant last night so got in late and then couldn't sleep. Off to work today.and then finish packing later:D whoop!

I think that the festival will put the tents up for the Myhab customers, but Im not 100% - I read it somewhere last night but I was very tired & I can't remember where.
it might have been here http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/myhab-2011
A word of warning about the Green Tent Company though - Download used them last year and they really weren't very good - they broke when they were put up & they leaked. That said, they seem to have taken the comments on board & it would seem they were better this year.

I havent even started packing yet, been too ill. :( I think that perhaps I should make that a priority. After I've found the tent that I promised the little terrorist could have. :D

Right, I'm off. Hope you all have as awesome a time as I will!

So sorry to hear you're not well, mg, you got me my tickets for which I am so very grateful. Glastonbury will make you better. :)

Is there anyone on site now who could tell me the beer prices in the bars? Closer to £3 a pint or £4? (Affects the number of cans I carry compared to warm clothes!)

Is there anyone on site now who could tell me the beer prices in the bars? Closer to £3 a pint or £4? (Affects the number of cans I carry compared to warm clothes!)

I'd say closer to 4. Think they were 3.50 ish last year.

Right, I'm off. Hope you all have as awesome a time as I will!

So sorry to hear you're not well, mg, you got me my tickets for which I am so very grateful. Glastonbury will make you better. :)

I feel a bit better today thanks, and as the day goes on. I think Im on the mend!! I've left myself a lot to do in one day but hey ho, I could barely put one foot in front of the other on Saturday, so that's just the way it is. At least I can think today!

Im expecting around £4/pint tbh, possibly a little less but not much. That's what Download was this year.

Back
Top Bottom