Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

It amused me that they've cribbed some stage locations from my map.

Easy to spot when I know that certain fields have no published stages, and somehow Orange have come up with exactly the same stages that are only shown in GlastoEarth. No more, no less. :D

This is a good thing, it might get people to open their eyes to the fact that Glastonbury has more than 2 stages.

I am team leader for Vehicle gate 6, the one by the main Pedestrian gate.

I look forward to seeing how many blags people will try!

I am fucking knackered... Maybe it's cos our crew bar opened last night, maybe it's more to do with the work which has been made much harder by the weather. Tomorrow is looking pretty scary from lunchtime. If the forecast is accurate you can expect plenty of mud though it's been so changeable you'd do well not to forget your sunnies while packing your wellies.

Hi everyone,

I'll be heading down this Saturday. Got a few queries which I'd like to trouble/pleasure you with.

-Are the cash machines working onsite, or do we know when they will be working?
- Is there anywhere to buy fags onsite?
- Are there any bars open prior to the Festival opening properly- which are recommended?
-Where's best to eat prior to Festival opening properly. I know the stalls wont be open
- Once we arrive onsite (about 5-6pm)- We'll be looking to buy food and booze. Do you know where is likely to be open late and still be stocked with rum.

I think that covers everything i)fags ii)booze iii) drink

Cheers people!

I am fucking knackered... Maybe it's cos our crew bar opened last night, maybe it's more to do with the work which has been made much harder by the weather. Tomorrow is looking pretty scary from lunchtime. If the forecast is accurate you can expect plenty of mud though it's been so changeable you'd do well not to forget your sunnies while packing your wellies.

Gonna be fun pitching my van tomorrow afternoon :)

Will let you know when I'm onsite and all set up. Should be beer to be had in the Shangri-La crew bar if you fancy wandering over.

Hi everyone,

I'll be heading down this Saturday. Got a few queries which I'd like to trouble/pleasure you with.

- Are there any bars open prior to the Festival opening properly- which are recommended?
-Where's best to eat prior to Festival opening properly. I know the stalls wont be open
- Once we arrive onsite (about 5-6pm)- We'll be looking to buy food and booze. Do you know where is likely to be open late and still be stocked with rum.

Cheers people!

My answers below, other people might have more ideas/better advice:

Fairly sure no cash machines running until Wednesday.

No smokes until then either... maybe a chance on Tuesday if one of the general shops opens earlier. (I always take a massive stock of my own these days, so a bit sketchy on that).

Food stalls... you should be able to find *something* on Saturday. On the main drag between central markets and Greenfields, there's a curry/oriental place that opens early. Alternatively, go up to the farm and see if you can pay to eat in the litter crew's catering. I've done that a couple of times.

There's nowhere doing off-sales, so bring the booze you need or expect to buy booze in bars. There are some crew bars open early. Ask around for locations if you don't find them. Some might have rum, but again bring your own if that's what you're set on.

Opening late... just depends on what custom they have really. They'll shut when money stops flowing. On Saturday, people seem to be more up for a late drink.

Fuck. Just seen the weather forecast for the next few days. I'm heading West tomorrow.

wanking buggering fucking crap on a long shitty stick.

Fuck. Just seen the weather forecast for the next few days. I'm heading West tomorrow.

wanking buggering fucking crap on a long shitty stick.

If you see a yellow campervan floating past, wave! Or better still, pass us some oars!

Hi everyone,

Cheers people!

Unless you really have to, I wouldn't rely on buying ciggies/booze there anyway. Cigs are way more expensive and in previous years the shops have run out.

Mind you, I did well flogging my shit Spanish duty free when they did sell out. ; )

ok I still can't find it, can anyone help?
Im looking for that map with the various approach routes marked. Im so dumb when I have a cold. :(

Seems to be, BMD. I asked when it was a few pages ago, but no one's told me *sulks* :(

Glastonbury weather 'unsettled', according to the Graun.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/16/glastonbury-wimbledon-weather-rain-unsettled?INTCMP=SRCH

""The outlook for next week remains unsettled with a mix of sunshine and showers unfortunately," said Sarah Holland, a fellow Met Office forecaster.

Holland said average temperatures will be around 18C in Somerset, feeling colder in wind and showers, but offered festival goers a glimmer of hope: "The south-west looks to have the best of the weather of the UK with a better chance of sunny spells." "

I can live with that.

The cash points aren't open yet, I'm looking out at them right now, and they're most decidedly closed. I suspect they will be til Wednesday as Paulo says.

It was fine until late this avo, by which time the perpetual drizzle started making the ground squishy everywhere. We've just had sheeting rain for a bit too. If it dries out/drains away, it'll be fine. But if everyone turned up tonight, it'd be a quagmire in no time.

Forecasts moderately OK in latests. Slowly improving (mainly) -- at least modestly -- towards next weekend according to more than one of today's forecasts.

JACKONE on netweather.tv forums here's his update from this evening (Fri 17th).. He's adding new updates daily. They're pretty technical BUT but he gives helpful discussion and summaries about what the ever changing output is suggesting -- we're heading towards the reliable timeframe now too.

Not for those actively averse to weather chat/discussion though --- there only for those who want em!

We're leaving for Glastonbury (Town) tomorrow morning.

ive been to glastonbury 3 times 2004, 2005, 2007 and id like to go to one where there isnt any mud and where i can have a nice sit down whenever i like. not too much to ask is it really?

this'll be my fifth and it's been about half and half so far. one scorcher, one mudfest and a couple of so-so years.

Sort of on site.

Today was forecast to be the worst, and indeed. Took a stroll across to a fave bar which is still looking great. Good tunes, pinball, good beer.

This will be my tenth Glastonbury (!) and I've had 2 mudbaths (05 and 07). I'm happy with a bit meh but am dreading 07 like conditions. : (

Sort of on site.

Today was forecast to be the worst, and indeed. Took a stroll across to a fave bar which is still looking great. Good tunes, pinball, good beer.

If that's the bar I'm thinking of, I hope I can charm my way in again this year. Had an amazing Thursday night in there last year.

If that's the bar I'm thinking of, I hope I can charm my way in again this year. Had an amazing Thursday night in there last year.

In Williams, back of Shangri-La? :)

Yesterday was mega-rain. Late area crew arrivals like us were sent to camp in Barren Ground, outside the fence near PGC. Although the crew camping in the late area is mostly fine, the tracks going in were in a state.

It's been both bright sunshine and rain this morning. I think we're due some respite as the day goes on.

Despite all that, I'm still glad to be here, weirdly. Great vibe on site.

Time now to make a bacon sandwich, pack up, and ship in for a second time... If the coast is clear that is.

Gulp! Hope that continues then paolo coz I too am not looking forward to a repeat of 05 and 07. Just debating how much clothing to pack for my daughter. Packing for kids is not the same as packing for me.... :-/

Gulp! Hope that continues then paolo coz I too am not looking forward to a repeat of 05 and 07. Just debating how much clothing to pack for my daughter. Packing for kids is not the same as packing for me.... :-/

At least you're used to packing for kids... one of my friends came across me in Tesco earlier looking for food that a 10 year old boy will eat. Turns out I have no idea.

And sorry to whine but my god, I'm ill. I really need this 4 sleeps before I go. No way will I be recovered before I leave. :(

Back
Top Bottom