Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

Orange app on the iphone is very impressive. Its a nice clash finder format.

They obviously were mindful of the last one only becoming available on the Saturday afternoon of the festival.

They obviously were mindful of the last one only becoming available on the Saturday afternoon of the festival.

It amused me that they've cribbed some stage locations from my map.

Easy to spot when I know that certain fields have no published stages, and somehow Orange have come up with exactly the same stages that are only shown in GlastoEarth. No more, no less. :D

Aye downloaded the Android one today, very impressed also.

My ticket has arrived for green police! HUZZAH! Is anyone driving down on Tuesday next week from the Bath/Bristol area? A PM would be much appreciated if so, I'm trying to sort out a ride...

Excellent. Fingers crossed you do a brilliant job (I'm sure you will).

The only Green Police I saw last year were wandering among the crowds at the stages, yet there were none in the usual "blackspots" of the railway track, Stone Circle, the shortcut between Avalon and Circus fields or the fence between Holts and Jazzworld. :mad:

I'd like to think lessons have been learned and these areas are patrolled better.

On a lighter note:

ONE WEEK TO GO! :D

Easy to spot when I know that certain fields have no published stages, and somehow Orange have come up with exactly the same stages that are only shown in GlastoEarth. No more, no less. :D

Add in a deliberate spelling mistake or two and then you can nail them.

It must wind you up that all your hard work is being stolen by such large Companies who can afford to buy a license.

-------

I must be a Luddite as I survived long before phone apps and I just cant justify the cost of the phone - I use a simple phone with no camera GPS DVD/Music player etc etc and that does me.

When Paul McCartney played Glastonbury in 2004 what did wind me up was the amount of people who called up friends and were giving a running commentary rather than listening to the music and I bet the same will happen at U2.

Any chance of some royalties? I would guess not but even so that is pretty annoying!
Could you claim on your website 'As Seen on the Orange iPhone App' to get some good kudos :D

If it does piss down, and all the lightweights decide against it (which will be a fair proportion), what's the chance of picking up a ticket from one of them or having an official-ish market for it?

/Clutching at straws...Small ones!

If it does piss down, and all the lightweights decide against it (which will be a fair proportion), what's the chance of picking up a ticket from one of them or having an official-ish market for it?

/Clutching at straws...Small ones!

Sorry fella, you've got no chance. Anyway ime people still turn up and get on with it come rain or shine, in fact its the people moving about too much that causes the mud. Perhaps we need some sort of general agreement that when it rains everyone has to stay still (no matter where they are) for at least an hour after it stops, Shouldent be to hard to manage.

Sorry fella, you've got no chance. Anyway ime people still turn up and get on with it come rain or shine, in fact its the people moving about too much that causes the mud. Perhaps we need some sort of general agreement that when it rains everyone has to stay still (no matter where they are) for at least an hour after it stops, Shouldent be to hard to manage.
This is a great idea! It's not really the rain that causes the mud, it's the 200,000 people wandering about. There should be some sort of siren whenever it starts raining heavily.

Right, I'm off to the site for the duration now. Will be taking laptop though and will have wifi, so if anyone's around before it all kicks off and fancies meeting up, give I a shout!

Everyone should take one paving slab each.

Ooh! Will you be there??!

Or are you just concerned that other people get their ciders in?

Dear oh dear, Mation...

But yay! :D :cool:

I am there yes, on my own :)( yay!) as my daughter is going with me as usual but meeting up with her bf. So is it a bloody secret then? All I need to do now is buy some baby wipes and a car.

mg, Im just going to put the postcode for pilton in that sparklefish advised because I live near her so know that it works. Failing that make sure it takes me via Torts directions....
I don't use sat nav, I don't really trust it.

I still can't find the map that shows the different coloured approach routes. I know there is one because everytime I look for something else I find it, but now I want it... :mad:

BBC are reckoning you're gonna have nice weather for it now. :)

Hope so, I got very wet & very cold at Download and now Im very ill. :(

*converts car to camper*

Back
Top Bottom