Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

I seem to have got myself a way of getting into this

Do you need to have a ticket to get into the car park except the car park ticket? Or if it turn up and tell them i need to pick up my wristband as im working on the friday, will they let me in ok?

The simple answer to this is no they will not let you into the car park.

You will need to get who ever in production or person your working with to meet you at the gate with the correct wrist band and vehicle pass. This is the only way security will let you in without paying them off or driving at them really fast.

Thanks for that.... Cant see any changes :)

I think we want to park in W30 or W33 to use Gate A. So how the hell do we get there? Sparklefish may be able to answer that one.... We are coming from Dorset...

If you're coming in from the West you probably won't get any choice in the matter & you'll just end up in whatever car park they are filling at the time including the ones on the wrong side of the road. Alternatively if you loop round and via Pilton from the East you can nip in at yellow, bronze or orange gate which are much handier for PGA. I got in orange last year and ended up in W37 which wasn't too much of a hike although the stewards on that gate seemed surprised I was a punter & not staff but let me in anyway.

Thanks for that.... Cant see any changes :)

I think we want to park in W30 or W33 to use Gate A. So how the hell do we get there? Sparklefish may be able to answer that one.... We are coming from Dorset...

Find the postcode for west pennard, put in satnav. It takes you round windy little roads but you end up in the queue for west car parks. No jams, no police checkpoints and no hill of death. That's what we've done the last 3 years.

By the way in previous years when I was driving to Glastonbury working as a volunteer for the WBC as soon as I flashed a WBC Letter I was let in and directed to the Crew parking area without a parking ticket or Glastonbury ticket but due to my cancer treatment side effects I am not allowed to drive so cant say if things have changed although I would doubt it.

This is the only way security will let you in without paying them off or driving at them really fast.

Im not so sure about that. My friend turned up at our campsite in his car 2 years ago. He had no ticket or car parking ticket. He'd just told them he was playing on one of the stages and showed them his guitar and drum kit in the boot :D

yeah, when i turned up on the monday last year i didn't have to flash anything to get into the carpark and park pretty much directly opposite gate C

The earlier you turn up before it opens less of an issue, but if your camping inside the fence and turn up after its opened don't expect it to be so easy.

Apologies, as I asked this on efesties, but I thought I might give it a go here as well, as there are so many people in the know -

What's the staff food like - the stuff that you give up a voucher for?

Last year we were the jammiest crew on site, with our own fantastic cook - but she's not doing it this year so... :(

it's alright. decent enough cooked breakfast with lots of options for cereal, veggie sausages etc. lunch is basically a bunch of salad, cheese and cold meats. can't remember if i ever had the evening meal as i was always out having a good time.

it's alright. decent enough cooked breakfast with lots of options for cereal, veggie sausages etc. lunch is basically a bunch of salad, cheese and cold meats. can't remember if i ever had the evening meal as i was always out having a good time.
That sounds alright. Last year we were spoiled rotten with top nosh ladled on left right and centre. I could kinda get used to that! (But it's not to be :()

Surely sim will need someone to come out with his ticket?

(I'd always thought the ped gates only accepted: Untorn ticket / Wristband + Pass Out Slip + Ticket Stub / Easy pass out wristband. Can't just walk in with a normal crew wristband alone)

Still, I assume the person bringing sim in will know the process.

As for car park entry, sim bring your documentation (e.g. Emails) to back up your ticketless situation. Some people, like yourself, do have a legit reason to park up without a ticket.

Today is a very very good day -- festival deb and I have just received emails this morning ...

Our employers said:
Dear volunteer,

We are pleased to tell you that you have been selected to help us on Information Services again this year.

It wasn't that we weren't confident, but it's great to get that vital solid reassurance! :D :cool:

And how condiderate of them to send it just ahead of a weekend ;) :p

Today is a very very good day -- festival deb and I have just received emails this morning ...

It wasn't that we weren't confident, but it's great to get that vital solid reassurance! :D :cool:

And how condiderate of them to send it just ahead of a weekend ;) :p

Buy new spell checker - should it be considerate ?

I know how you feel as until its down in black and white - in my case I booked places on the Crew Coach just to confirm
I had not dropped down dead .

Someone in the WBC Office did not spot the initial Organisers Allocation was sent out 1 st of April now I knew it was genuine but I bet a few new Organisers { they come and go all the time and some we never actually meet } was wondering if it was a April fools jokes.

-----------

Did they send you crew camping details and is it last years camp ? or in the same area ?

-------------

just spotted this that I am sure some will want to record .

information from DigiGuide

A303: Highway to the Sun - BBC 4 Thursday 19th May - 21:00 to 22:00 { with two repeats }

One of Britain's most notorious roads, the A303 is the one that passes Stonehenge on the way to the beaches of Devon and Cornwall.

Last year a friend was able to supply a Birds eye view from a Private plane { I don't have a clue - who was in the plane - why they took so many shots etc etc } and the shots covered most of the site - as far as I could see they were private shots as I never spotted posted on any board .

Will have to see if he can do it again .

Unlike previous years there appears not to be a WBC Organiser season meeting so may not find out anything until London Feis { 18/19 June }

----------

Wicked Faerie - who lives in Pilton has spotted the fence going up

http://www.wickedfaerie.co.uk/blog/2011/05/05/the-fence-is-on-its-way-up/

Back
Top Bottom