Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

Actually I was quite tempted by Brit Floyd too :D :oops: but I expect there'll be clashes all over the shop ...

We caught Arthur Brown (also on the Spirit of 71 stage) at Beautiful Days last year and he was fabulous.

A few years ago me and a biggish group of mates took along the then 10 year old daughter of a friend. She'd been the two previous years, with her mum, so knew her way around. Inevitably she would sneak off and go exploring on her own. One afternoon she showed up back at our campsite followed by two policemen. She wasn't lost, but they'd obviously thought she looked a bit young to be on her own, and followed her back to make sure she was all right. And then one night she got up and went out by herself quite late, and some steward took her to the welfare place, from where I had to retrieve her at around 2am.... it's a pretty safe place really for kids. It's difficult if kids are too old to be "never let out of your sight" but still small enough to worry if they go off exploring for too long. We used walkie-talkies, which worked quite well, although you need a few sets of batteries to last.

Giles..

mmm, police may have some sort of dispensation for dealing with kids but personally I'm not about to start following 10 year old girls around the place.

Our briefings emphasise never being alone with a child, never touching them (take off tabard, steward holds one end, child holds the other to show there's no coercion), doing nothing that's open to misinterpretation. I once hoisted a small onto the roof of the landrover to look around for the anxious parent. The child was quickly spotted and all was well but I was left feeling slightly nervous of the consequences if someone had complained.

mmm, police may have some sort of dispensation for dealing with kids but personally I'm not about to start following 10 year old girls around the place.

Our briefings emphasise never being alone with a child, never touching them (take off tabard, steward holds one end, child holds the other to show there's no coercion), doing nothing that's open to misinterpretation. I once hoisted a small onto the roof of the landrover to look around for the anxious parent. The child was quickly spotted and all was well but I was left feeling slightly nervous of the consequences if someone had complained.
Child protection guidlines have become overley officious in my opinion. I work with them too, but ignore the more stupid ones (at my own risk, obviously).

Paolo9999, if you're around, is the Spirit of 1971 stage the same as what's called the 'Glastonbury Fayre' stage on GlastoEarth?

:confused: :)

Yep, you got it.

Post line up release I've got a some minor amends to do.

Also, for map watchers, the Queens Head move pans out to be a merge with West Dance, resulting in Oxlyers on West. Note the bands-by-day, dance-by-night lineup.

if anyone wants me to try and get tickests for them, I have about 4! booking pages open waiting for details. obv, this will mean you giving me your card details over the phone. PM me, and i'll pm you my mobile number

if anyone wants me to try and get tickests for them, I have about 4! booking pages open waiting for details. obv, this will mean you giving me your card details over the phone. PM me, and i'll pm you my mobile number

Aaaah, only just saw this too late :(

First summer without Glasto for ages, shit.

That was very good of you - did many take you up on your offer ?

when I last bought a ticket for Glasto it was 1987 and it had rising from £ 5 in 1979 { the first year I went } to a massive £ 21 in 1987 but the plus points was that they could be bought over the counter and it took longer to type this paragraph than it took to buy the tickets.

I still recall how happy we were to get them as initial the Council had refused the licence so it was touch and go if it was going to be held .

It must be murder for people who missed the chance.

William of Walworth said:
Paolo9999, if you're around, is the Spirit of 1971 stage the same as what's called the 'Glastonbury Fayre' stage on GlastoEarth?

Yep, you got it.

Post line up release I've got a some minor amends to do.

Cool -- it's a good location then. A new stage is always going to be interesting, and one called 'Spirit of 1971' is always going to be one we're going to nvestigate ... probably a few times :D

Also, for map watchers, the Queens Head move pans out to be a merge with West Dance, resulting in Oxlyers on West. Note the bands-by-day, dance-by-night lineup.

Never been that keen on the Queens Head ... now that it's been moved there, I'll probably go along even less. A really good act at the QH that you can't see anywhere else might alter that though.

Halvin's Clashfindergeneral site is already in early development for 2011 :cool:

Worth a look at any time for those vital 'five way must see act clash' :p scenarios. But he advises actually printing it only as near to the festival itself as possible -- he's constantly tweaking and updating it.

Do I take it from the fact that the resale event led to less than a page worth's of posts that we're all either too old to go these days or have all blagged ourselves jobs there? :D

Managed to get one for my daughter's b/f this morning as he only decided he wanted to go about 10 days ago. Was working with others on another message board and more than half got sorted although some are having to go by coach.

Do I take it from the fact that the resale event led to less than a page worth's of posts that we're all either too old to go these days or have all blagged ourselves jobs there? :D

I suspect the latter - I was not after tickets for myself and up came the order page twice

http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/coach-proof.jpg

but the person who I knew was after tickets never checked their messages so they are now kicking themselves as they had thirty minuets to call me up.

it was a gang of twelve all trying to get though ' none made it '

its pure sods law as I am working at Glastonbury.

Damn, that sucks for them. I'm glad I don't have to get involved in any of this anymore, as once again I slept right through the entire resale this morning and woke up at 12!

Managed to get one for my daughter's b/f this morning as he only decided he wanted to go about 10 days ago. Was working with others on another message board and more than half got sorted although some are having to go by coach.

Thats the situation I'm in, I have a mate who is going t give me a lift home after so thats not too bad. Its still sinking in I got a ticket :D (sorry to anyone who missed out :( )

But YAY!

Damn, that sucks for them. I'm glad I don't have to get involved in any of this anymore, as once again I slept right through the entire resale this morning and woke up at 12!

I was amazed how many was still available - I only looked after the grand prix and was stunned to see that people were still able to buy them

this is from another message board

61.69% were able to buy standard tickets
22.73% were able to buy tickets + coach
15.58% were unable to get though to book

sure we don't know how many people failed to vote but 84.42% is a huge percentage .

There is now some kicking up a fuss that they had to buy a coach ticket .

Must be a age thing as I would have thought it was a small price to pay to get a ticket .

I ended up with a coach ticket in a resale one year and it was a bit of an arse tbh. The coach driver got lost, then insisted on dropping us at the showground (we insisted otherwise).

They were also quite arsey about how much stuff people had. Luckily my husband and friends had driven down so took mine and I got a lift home.

Hopefully that was just one crap driver!

I ended up with a coach ticket in a resale one year and it was a bit of an arse tbh. The coach driver got lost, then insisted on dropping us at the showground (we insisted otherwise).

They were also quite arsey about how much stuff people had. Luckily my husband and friends had driven down so took mine and I got a lift home.

Hopefully that was just one crap driver!

2007?

The horror year for coach packages.

Yeah, could have been actually. I had planned to work and then changed my mind so took what I could get.

I imagine you email your volunteer contact and tell them you can't volunteer anymore so they can reassign them.

Back
Top Bottom