Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

I have started to get excited and aargghh about cash too.

Got a few things we need to update this year-new stove, possibly a new trolley, lighter torch etc etc so will start picking bits up soon.

Am very excited this year because madamv, mr v and their daughter are coming. Haven't been with madam v since 07 and will be lovely having their girl there too.

Also another mate is coming for the first time and she's so excited. I'm expecting her to break me this year.
: D

If Pulp play I think it would make my year!

There's going to be a trail of interested Urbanites when it comes to The First Visit for Ages to the Traveller's Field, isn't there.. :D

Oh, come on, the field's not changed that much. The trees are all still there, the paths still take the same routes.

And the mud is now tarnished with the stains of cath kidston wellies.

Yeah, that's the bit that hurts. Like the last year of the old Tipi field, where I went for a chill out of an afternoon, only to realise that i was being photographed and filmed by a succession of poshly dressed 'tourists' wandering through to look at the hippies. I love what Arcadia are doing with that field now, and perhaps it died before it ended due to stuff like that, but I really do miss how it used to be.

I'm slowly getting organised.

Flights, overnight stay in Brizzle and coaches now booked. I just need to figure out a way of transporting tins of booze to the festie now. I'll be using the onsite bars for some but not all of the time due to skintoidness and the impracticality of using wibbly cups.

Mate with a car? Online tesco delivery to gate d? I bet someone has some sort of booze collection thing going on at the festival.

Yeah, that's the bit that hurts. Like the last year of the old Tipi field, where I went for a chill out of an afternoon, only to realise that i was being photographed and filmed by a succession of poshly dressed 'tourists' wandering through to look at the hippies. I love what Arcadia are doing with that field now, and perhaps it died before it ended due to stuff like that, but I really do miss how it used to be.

Yeah arcadia is cool in that field now, the problem is you cant move in that field until about 3 or 4am every night now, again, because of the cath kidston wellies.

Yeah arcadia is cool in that field now, the problem is you cant move in that field until about 3 or 4am every night now, again, because of the cath kidston wellies.

More like North Face. I know, I'm one of the guilty ;)

right, so if i fancy doing glastonbury this year as staff, who shall i offer my skills to?

The Holy Moly mailout says the headliners are U2, Coldplay and Beyonce. It almost makes me glad I'm not going. Even though I seldom go near the main stage I wouldn't want Bono thinking for one milli second I'd gone to see him, or Coldplay for that matter.

right, so if i fancy doing glastonbury this year as staff, who shall i offer my skills to?

Oxfam is an option but its not the only option. You might know one or two people doing this.

Green stewards pay you although that's difficult to get. WBC serving pints. Stuart and Co security firms also pay 100 quid for stewards.

Green peace have a big area, need more time off for them though.

Then there are the performer tickets which can be as little as a couple hours work if you can get them.

The list of people working there is fairly long and if you want to work I expect there are plenty of people offering if you look hard enough.

The Holy Moly mailout says the headliners are U2, Coldplay and Beyonce

How reliable is this, does anyone think?

. It almost makes me glad I'm not going. Even though I seldom go near the main stage I wouldn't want Bono thinking for one milli second I'd gone to see him, or Coldplay for that matter.

I very much doubt Bono would give one second's thought to your wandering round smaller events/stages in deliberate avoidance of him ... :p ;)

Coldplay are confirmed for the Sat night. U2 pulled out of last year and are rumoured to be playing the Friday night. The Beyonce thing - well Michael Eavis has been saying that he is in talks with a *massive* US star to headline, who he has been waiting ages for. He's done hippety hop, so Beyonce could well fit in with his thinking, but if I was reading between the lines about a massive US star, it would probably be someone like Neil Young, or Bruce Springsteen.

Which would make a hat-trick of dullness.

Already did Brucy and Neil young 18 months ago so I doubt either.

U2 i'd watch if I'm not working. Can't say I'd ever get to see them again and like their early stuff.

I reckon there's a fair few people in the same mindset, re u2. I'll go along if only to hopefully see Streets Have No Name, which will be epic. With any luck they'll do that mid-set so I can hot foot back to the late area and get my work done.

Back
Top Bottom