Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Millets Self-Inflating Double Airbed, which we bought a few years ago. Battery-powered and inflates quickly. Doesn't look like they still do them, but there's one for sale on Gumtree.

We used to use some of those sleeping mats which sort of self-inflate when you take the cap off. Better than sleeping on the ground, or a thin foam mat, and easier to carry than a full airbed.

I have been using a airbed for years and will maybe be taking a sheet and def. a pillow.....could consider using a proper li-lo...would be much lighter to carry....

My Argos camp bed totally rules. It was only £9.99 and is the most comfy sleep under a tent I have ever had. I dont like inflatable mattresses you see.

3407129A55UC63110M.jpg

madamv said:
My Argos camp bed totally rules. It was only £9.99 and is the most comfy sleep under a tent I have ever had. I dont like inflatable mattresses you see.

Now there's an idea... and only a tenner.

How light is your camp bed?

One of those thin silver sheets that they use for marathon runners, placed on the ground under your mattress/sleeping bag, can help make it a bit warmer.

madamv said:

3407129A55UC63110M.jpg

I have one of these wonderful devices also, but the 3-legged version. I tried putting up a 4-legged one for a mate once and nearly gave myself a hernia in the process!

They are fairly light (lighter than a blow-up bed anyway) and the pack-size is smaller than a standard foam roll-mat. I stick mine down the side of the bag I carry my folding chair in to save space.

Yup, really light. They come rolled up in a small bag. I can easily carry two or three on a shoulder plus tent etc. But them I am strong woman :p

Best nights sleep, you wont regret it. :)

innana said:
One of those thin silver sheets that they use for marathon runners, placed on the ground under your mattress/sleeping bag, can help make it a bit warmer.

Hello! I think I have online awareness of you ;) ... where will you be working this year?

Perhaps we'll get to meet at last ... :p

Welcome to Urban anyway! :)

William of Walworth said:
Hello! I think I have online awareness of you ;) ... where will you be working this year?

Perhaps we'll get to meet at last ... :p

Welcome to Urban anyway! :)

I think I know you from a festivals forum.

madamv said:
Yup, really light. They come rolled up in a small bag. I can easily carry two or three on a shoulder plus tent etc. But them I am strong woman :p

Best nights sleep, you wont regret it. :)

I think this is the way to go :cool:

(I'll still take the ear plugs and sedatives, though :D )

Erm .. could you offer a link? Their exact location on the site isn't obvious ... cheers! :)

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/ then I struggled ... :oops:

You mean you're not religiously glued to TOS & checking every word William?

tsk tsk ;)

Page 25 & 26 of the 'Worthy Farm' thread

:)

For those not familiar with weather lore, "Oak before ash, in for a splash, ash before oak, in for a soak". So, we're in for a long hot summer :D

(Just depends on when the summer starts tho!)

Those are great pix :) Definitely look at em people! :cool:

Some people are assuming perfect Glasto conditions on the basis of current ones, but I'm far from happy with the utterly gorgeoeus weather we're getting ALL WEEK at the moment -- how the hell can cloudless skies lasting several days be repeated in June? We'll have used it all up!! :(

Those are great pix :) Definitely look at em people! :cool:

Some people are assuming perfect Glasto conditions on the basis of current ones, but I'm far from happy with the utterly gorgeoeus weather we're getting ALL WEEK at the moment -- how the hell can cloudless skies lasting several days be repeated in June? We'll have used it all up!! :(

Speak for yourself padre - it's cold & windy up here & plenty of cloud!

I bought new para-boots :cool: they are very comfy *so far*! some breaking in required

I need a new rucksack now though, thats next on the list :D

So, to keep me up-to-date, and cos I'm avoiding work, can someone summarise what (and when) happened with the tickets? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom