Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do youi do WoW? ring up from the cider bus saying 'ive got a cold.. i don't think I'm going to make it in to work today'. I feel my Outlook moment is on a par with when I answered my mobile while sitting on top of a stone in the stone circle and said "yah.. I'm at Glastonbury..its great.. really pagan" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: my friends have never let me forget that

Word on the street is that the main WBC bars will be open until 3am this year.:D

The site is licensed for the sale of alcohol until 5am.

Just got my birthday prezzies from my gf today and I think she is getting excited for Glasto :)

Amongst all sorts of goodies I got one of these pop-up tent jobbies:

gd-asset_7069047.jpg

I haven't put it up yet as I don't want it flying about in my living room, but I like the look of the airflow system for keeping cool in the morning.

I also got a camelback rucksack that can hold 3 litres of booze, and a tube coming out of the back of it for drinking on the move...ideal!:D

Bring on June!

Tort said:
Word on the street is that the main WBC bars will be open until 3am this year.:D

The site is licensed for the sale of alcohol until 5am.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a bit concerned about the WBC thing. I thought it was going to be cushy - 3x 6 hour shifts and then the rest of the festival to be shambolic and pished with madamv but I have had an email to say that you work a shift a day. :( If I have to work until 3 in the fucking morning then not only will I miss half the bands but I will also miss PRoD and other stuff.

Foamy and Firky did warn me, I should have bought a ticket while I had the chance.

Will awful things happen to me if I *forget* a couple of shifts?;)

bouncer_the_dog said:
what do youi do WoW? ring up from the cider bus saying 'ive got a cold.. i don't think I'm going to make it in to work today'.

Yeah, that really impresses em ... :p

Especially when I did that each day from the Wednesday until erm the Monday ... :D

For four years on the trot, at exactly the same time of the same month ... :D

Didn't even bother trying that, don't worry! :cool:

sparklefish said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a bit concerned about the WBC thing. I thought it was going to be cushy - 3x 6 hour shifts and then the rest of the festival to be shambolic and pished with madamv but I have had an email to say that you work a shift a day. :( If I have to work until 3 in the fucking morning then not only will I miss half the bands but I will also miss PRoD and other stuff.

Foamy and Firky did warn me, I should have bought a ticket while I had the chance.

Will awful things happen to me if I *forget* a couple of shifts?;)

Bit in bold :

Probably bad things would happen to you, to be honest. You'd lose your deposit money, and, worse, would probably be blacklisted from getting on the WBC team ever again ... :eek:

That's what I've heard, anyway. A bloke in a beer tent told me ;)

absinthe pirate said:
How much to take though? If you have to carry it and all....

Will you be coming in a car? If so, could you not leave some beer in the car, and just bring no more than a slab in at a time?

A slab should sort you for at least half a day ... :p :D

But the beer tent/Cider Bus are scarcely more than (London) pub price per pint anyway ....

Am I the only one slightly worried about all the excellent weather we're getting NOW? :mad:

Peaking too early, using up our quota/ration too soon, and all that?

We had a truly excellent April and early May in 1997 too, and that year was Mudbath I of the two successive notorious wallow-years, 1997 and 98 ... :eek:

Crispy said:
that's an old map.
Unfortunately, no one has yet released a definitive 2007 map to the masses. It makes little difference in this case as the tunnel is unlikely to have moved :)

In order to avoid the fun of a 419 mile overnight journey, and while it was still cheap, I've booked myself into a Travelodge near Stroud on Tuesday night for the princely sum of £26. Ahh, the wonderful Travelodge experience. :D

madamv said:
Yep! Its to shove up Mr Vs arse when he gets on me nerves :D

:D :D

It's not you that needs the fecking practice anyway.

Our tent doesn't fit in our garden so I may need to use yours closer to the time. We could have a party in it.:D

sparklefish said:
It's not you that needs the fecking practice anyway.

Our tent doesn't fit in our garden so I may need to use yours closer to the time. We could have a party in it.:D
Yes. The party entertainment will be everyone watching you putting up our tent, then putting up your own tent, without help and in the pouring rain.

When shall we book it then? :D :D :D

(Sorry - bless you my lovely darling girli. I have been thinking today about driving you up on Tues and pitching tents with you and coming home until Thurs. Maybe its a possible?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom