Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superape said:
Everyone & their mates sorted on Mindless Banter :)

Hurrah!

Not quite. Jayne (Blue Lotus / Mrs Shangers) still ticketless. I've been on hold on the international line for 20 minutes now! :mad:

11,000** tix sold in two hours and twenty minutes?

**That was thought to be the number of tix on resael

That's longer than it took to sell 135,000 last time.

I know the reasons, but it's still quite a thought ....

William of Walworth said:
11,000** tix sold in two hours and twenty minutes?

**That was thought to be the number of tix on resael

It was considerably less than that by all accounts.

edit - the number of thickets that is.

Tort said:
It was considerably less than that by all accounts.

edit - the number of thickets that is.

I was going by your earlier suggestion of 11K I think, but I admit I haven't realy been following the gossip since then at all ....

To take that long to sell well under 10K tickets tells you how much online ordering (often multiple times ;) ) speeded things up for the lucky ones back on the 1st ... compared to phone-only ordering, much slower ...

ETA : as sojourner said in fact ... :oops:

sojourner said:
Was it just by phone this time then?

That'd explain the amount of tickets/time to sell out

Tort said:
Not quite. Jayne (Blue Lotus / Mrs Shangers) still ticketless. I've been on hold on the international line for 20 minutes now! :mad:

I thought you had a ticket? you have to come, Tort :(

It was 10 years ago I first jumped over the fence and I think it would be a fitting celebration to do it again (not me you understand, you!)

firky said:
I thought you had a ticket? you have to come, Tort :(

It was 10 years ago I first jumped over the fence and I think it would be a fitting celebration to do it again (not me you understand, you!)

I'm working. Was trying to get one for a friend.

William of Walworth said:
I was going by your earlier suggestion of 11K I think, but I admit I haven't realy been following the gossip since then at all ....

To take that long to sell well under 10K tickets tells you how much online ordering (often multiple times ;) ) speeded things up for the lucky ones back on the 1st ... compared to phone-only ordering, much slower ...

ETA : as sojourner said in fact ... :oops:

It looks as though the number of tickets re-sold this morning could have been as few as 3,000. That's according to cheffy on TOS. But there is still a further resale of coach packet tickets this coming Thursday 26th.

There is still hope for the ticketless

Looks like there's some more going on sale on Thursday:

All standard weekend tickets offered for sale today, Sunday 22nd April, have now been sold. There will be no further sale of standard weekend tickets for this year's Festival. There will however be a further sale of coach and ticket packages online through www.seetickets.com/g2007 on Thursday 26th April at 9.00am, when a final reconciliation of all coach requests and cancellations has been completed.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk//index.asp

Tort said:
It looks as though the number of tickets re-sold this morning could have been as few as 3,000. That's according to cheffy on TOS. But there is still a further resale of coach packet tickets this coming Thursday 26th.

Michael Eavis was on Radio Bristol this afternoon and he confirmed this - only 3,000 went on sale yesterday. He also said that there are only 3,000 coach tickets to sell on thursday (online only), so if you haven't got a ticket yet you'll have to be bloody lucky to get one :(

Still 1,000 ordinary tickets up for grabs from the Western Daily Press

We have the last 1000 standard tickets to buy for Glastonbury Festival 2007. You MUST have a unique registration number in order to apply.

Successful applicants will be selected at random from eligible entries - for more information see the newspaper. The Western Daily Press offer will run from April 23-April 28, 2007 and you will need to collect four differently numbered tokens in order to apply to buy a maximum of two tickets per person.

To have your newspapers delivered by post - pay £8 (including postage and packing) using your debit or credit card by calling 0117 934 3704 during office hours.

Delighted to find out this morning that my colleague got through on the phone line yesterday, and succeeded -- after ages of persistence and redialing -- in getting 2 tickets for herself and her sister :) :cool:

Apparantly the international number eventually worked for her (she was trying everything!), even though she was calling from SW7 ... :)

david dissadent said:
Whats the deal with music after 12 these days. Still quite as a mouse these days and has anyone done the silent disco thing?
I don't think it's ever really been "quiet as a mouse" has it? There's always plenty to bounce along to if you wander about a bit :)

david dissadent said:
Whats the deal with music after 12 these days. Still quite as a mouse these days and has anyone done the silent disco thing?

I don't think I got to bed much before Sunrise on any of the five nights I was there in '05 & I certainly wasn't sitting around contemplating my navel into the small hours. :D

beesonthewhatnow said:
I don't think it's ever really been "quiet as a mouse" has it? There's always plenty to bounce along to if you wander about a bit :)
There's always the rumoured, semi-legendary, underground club ... ;)

Tort said:
I don't think I got to bed much before Sunrise on any of the five nights I was there in '05 & I certainly wasn't sitting around contemplating my navel into the small hours. :D

same here. in fact, the problem i've always had with glastonbury is that sleep has gotten in the way of fun.

Velouria said:
I will try and find it this year ;)

You'll struggle! It only existed in 2000 :p

PianoBarJools02-b.jpg

Tort said:
You'll struggle! It only existed in 2000 :p

PianoBarJools02-b.jpg
Not what I heard ;)

It's on the Glastonbury 2005 film, and if you listen to it with commentary on, it's when the guy with the hat on is being filmed and takes offence at Julien Temple and sings 'and you know you're a twat because you're pointing a camera in my f---' which is where it cuts off as the camera is pushed into Julien Temple's face. On the commentary before this happens he says 'and this was outside that underground nightclub'.

Apparently it is dug in one of the camping fields and you enter through a tent and go underground ... allegedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom