Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
belboid said:
bouncer's just complaining he wasnt rung up by Eavis himself to check he'd got a ticket.

I had a weird and vivid dream last night where I got to the gate and hadn't got my ticket, but luckily Michael Eavis was there and he sorted me out.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

beesonthewhatnow said:
Sweet, I've been listening to him more than anything else of late...

This is shaping up to be the best lineup in years IMO :)

Bugger, does this mean I'm actually going to have to get off my arse and move around, rather than just crashing out in the Jazzworld field? :D

Ha ha i'm hoping he'll be on the accoustic stage, then i can just stay there most of the time ;)

bluestreak said:
broken family band confirmed!

:cool: I've never seen them or heard any of their stuff. I was going to have a look on myspace but I think I'm going to wait and see them live. Then I will know what all the fuss is about.:cool:

Confirmed band list - half inched from here.

New Additions (19/4/07):

Main List:

Meh i can understand your reasons but i'm a sucker for some of his stuff, but i doubt the stuff i like will get played :p

I'll prolly be lost somewhere anyways!

absinthe pirate said:
Meh i can understand your reasons but i'm a sucker for some of his stuff, but i doubt the stuff i like will get played :p

saw him in the Forum a few months ago. He was ok, but the Jam covers got a louder chear than any of his solo stuff.

firky said:

He sounds great :cool:

Using a pair of 1920's HMV wind-up gramophones and a big box of 78rpm shellac discs, DJ78 provides atmosphere and entertainment in equal measure.
Playing an eclectic selection of popular music from the dancebands of the 20's to the rock'n'roll pioneers of the 50's he makes any social gathering that little bit classier. Looking dapper in his dinner suit and dicky bow, DJ78 uses no electricity and brings his own fold-up table and chair.

bah - Jools and Uneven Steven have been doing that for years, whoever this DJ78 interloper is grrr!

Always to be seen stumbling round the Greenfields with two gramophones in baby's prams, playing old jazz and stuff

Skim said:
He sounds great :cool:

DJ Scotch Egg, man :D

Japanese gabber has never sounded so good! I think I will have to see him on my own, I doubt teapea will like him :(

*hint*

"Occasionally when playing live, DJ Scotch Egg runs around the stage with his loudspeaker or microphone screaming gibberish, shouting obscenities or something related to Kentucky Fried Chicken. he usually ends the show by throwing scotch eggs at the audience.

Some of notable contributions with other artists include Ove-Naxx, Hrvatski, Mike Paradinas, Duracell, Bong-Ra, Germlin, The Pipettes and The Go! Team."

clear_off_then.jpg

haha i saw scotch egg at supersonic at the custard factory in birmingham last year. i thought he was wicked.

not sure if i'll have chance to see him at glasto though. anyone going to supersonic this year? mogwai are headling.

Smokey Robinson is..... alive???

I'd love to see Iggy, but even he ain't worth braving the hellhole that is the Other Stage.

I've spent today at home feeling sorry for myself & going through all the MySpace links Firky put up. If I see nothing else at Glasto this year I have GOT to see the Voodoo Trombone Quartet! :D

Tort said:
I've seen Bellowhead several times over the last couple of summers & had a good listen to the album too. I'm still not sure I understand what all the fuss is about. :confused:
Well I can't speak for others but I've got the album and I just find it very enjoyable. I'm hoping to get some proper folky dancing in, hopefully with company but if needs be I shall dance alone...!
absinthe pirate said:
Stop saying stuff like this, or I'm going to tie you to one of the speaker stands at the Pyramid stage and do the damn festival on my own. I'll make sure you have enough pancakes and cider though.

beesonthewhatnow said:
Bjork however, is :p
I want to rub her nose :oops:

oh my oh my :D

Today for the princely sum of £20 I obtained ...

... a mini-DV camcorder in working order!!!!!!

(No it isn't stolen ... work surplus ;))

So ... I will be bringing it along. Just ordered two huge batteries for it for the princely sum of £35 :D

Roll on Glastonbury The Movie 2007 :D

Hmmm, I dont know if I shall be going to see Bjork again. She was fab in 1995, right time, right place.

I fancy doing a bit more comedy this year. Can anyone recommend someone to check out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom