Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
pagan said:
They'll make you stand in the corner of the car park by the main gate with a big sign around your neck saying WARNING - UNVERIFIED IDENTITY as an example to anybody thinking of not bringing combined biometric/photo id.

fuck sakes :mad:

Tort said:
Tinariwen - confirmed on website

Excellent. These were our surprise hits of 2005 & their albums are great. Go see them if you find yourself with nothing else on. I'll definitely make sure I'm in the Jizzworld for this lot and oh, it's right next to the Pear Cider bar - how handy :D

pagan said:
They'll make you stand in the corner of the car park by the main gate with a big sign around your neck saying WARNING - UNVERIFIED IDENTITY as an example to anybody thinking of not bringing combined biometric/photo id.

tribal_princess said:
fuck sakes :mad:

They'll do deep cavity searches and on the spot DNA tests and retina scans as well, so I've heard ... :p

I'm not too crazy about the line-up, but there's a lot on that list that I haven't heard of and I'm looking forward to discovering some new music I know nothing about.

Obviously I'm insanely excited about Bjork :cool:

forgery would still be an issue, unless they have machines to read the tickets on the gate as well. including a photo wouldn't make jmuch difference at all to forgeability

absinthe pirate said:
Seth Lakeman - confirmed in interview

:D
Sweet, I've been listening to him more than anything else of late...

This is shaping up to be the best lineup in years IMO :)

Bugger, does this mean I'm actually going to have to get off my arse and move around, rather than just crashing out in the Jazzworld field? :D

William of Walworth said:
Is that what people do at Glasto then? ;) :p

Apperently some people go to the festival and see lots of new bands.

And then there are others who don't manage to move from the same spot for hours on end :oops:

William of Walworth said:
For some reason, like they're Australian and not very often over I suppose :oops: , I've never managed to see them ... are they mentalists then? :D

Australia's answer to Manu Negra is how I would describe them.

They were at WOMAD in 2003. Was that the year you stupidly decided to go to Cambridge instead? :p

Lord Camomile said:
Bellowhead and The Bees :cool: :D

Now I'm just waiting for that Thin Lizzie reunion...

I've seen Bellowhead several times over the last couple of summers & had a good listen to the album too. I'm still not sure I understand what all the fuss is about. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom