Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velouria said:
In order to avoid the fun of a 419 mile overnight journey, and while it was still cheap, I've booked myself into a Travelodge near Stroud on Tuesday night for the princely sum of £26. Ahh, the wonderful Travelodge experience. :D

Not the Cheltenham one?

we're staying there on tuesday!! :D

madamv said:
Yes. The party entertainment will be everyone watching you putting up our tent, then putting up your own tent, without help and in the pouring rain.

When shall we book it then? :D :D :D

(Sorry - bless you my lovely darling girli. I have been thinking today about driving you up on Tues and pitching tents with you and coming home until Thurs. Maybe its a possible?)

Apparently I've got to get the coach with rest of the crew.:confused: And also they won't let you on site on the tuesday so thanks for the lovely offer but I'll be fine. I have tried my rucksack with our tent and the blow-up bed in it and it's ok. Just need to carry your tent and my sleeping bag in my hands and the coach takes you right into the site apparently so it's all good.:cool:

I've always borrowed from my cadets so never actually invested in one, trying to think small though as budget isn't huge, found a decent one for under £50 so chuffed:)

pennimania said:
Not the Cheltenham one?

we're staying there on tuesday!! :D
No, alas, not the Cheltenham one ... being a cheapskate, the Stroud one was the nearest one still doing rooms for £26 a night ;)

Velouria said:
No, alas, not the Cheltenham one ... being a cheapskate, the Stroud one was the nearest one still doing rooms for £26 a night ;)

We a £26 deal too!:D I am a Travelodge deal queen cos I do so many long jopurneys down from Skye:)

shame - we could have have a pre festy aperitif:D

I'm going! I'm going! First time ever! I'll be doing Worker's Beer. Thankfully my GF will be there to put the tent up, because the last time I attempted it I ended up with a crowd of laughing children and one very flat tent.

Oh pooh.

Just had an email to say Glastonbury is definitely NOT on for Mark Lanegan:( , (but there ARE dates being worked out with the Soulsavers and with Isobel Campbell:) ).

Ah well I suppose thats just one less clash I'll have to contend with.

(ftc, whose glass is always half full:) )

scifisam said:
I'm going! I'm going! First time ever! I'll be doing Worker's Beer. Thankfully my GF will be there to put the tent up, because the last time I attempted it I ended up with a crowd of laughing children and one very flat tent.
Then, p'raps you would be kind enough to keep an eye out for our Sparklefish. She is also doing workers beer and thinks she is going to be able to put her tent, and our tent up in Dragons Field, all on her own. :( :(

I am very worried about her. Please will you look after her :( ;) :D

Sunray said:
Anyone got blow up bed recommendations?

no but, don't get the lidl's self-inflating ones, they are shite. I had to take one back and get my money back the year before last.

I've been looking at thermarest type stuff and it costs a fortune, and normal inflatables weigh a ton.

We've decided to sleep on the cold hard ground instead. We will probably regret this.
It's just being on foot/train and not having to lug ten tons of shite all over the place, really.

Does anyone really believe that blow-up mattresses are worthwhile there then?

There are so many distractions and reasons not to sleep at Glasto, that the presence of a slight air-filled mattress doesn't really help that much. I just usually party until I pass out on the old-school rollmat, using some old jacket as a pillow. Wake up a few hours later, baking in the tent. I'm not convinced a bit of air would make feck all of difference...

Stig said:
no but, don't get the lidl's self-inflating ones, they are shite. I had to take one back and get my money back the year before last.

I've been looking at thermarest type stuff and it costs a fortune, and normal inflatables weigh a ton.

We've decided to sleep on the cold hard ground instead. We will probably regret this.
It's just being on foot/train and not having to lug ten tons of shite all over the place, really.
thats odd cos our self inflaters are from there and they're great!

Sunray said:
Anyone got blow up bed recommendations?
The ones that Argos do are perfectly good & fairly cheap. I've used them for several years. They sometimes throw a pump in as part of the deal.

edit = Also good for sleeping on Aqua & Bees' kitchen floor :D

I'm not going to shell out for a blow-up bed, but I might buy one of those camping mats that self-inflate a bit, so I don't feel the lumps in the ground.

When I went to Big Chill a few years ago I made the mistake of buying a £20 blow-up bed from a cheapo shop, which deflated in the night. It had taken so long to pump up, too :mad:

I think I'll get a better night's sleep with earplugs and vallies, tbh ;)

aqua said:
thats odd cos our self inflaters are from there and they're great!

It just didn't inflate, was the problem. No point in sleeping in a surround of air bubble if your arse is still on the floor. :mad:

We're sorted, I just remembered a bit of black foam that I stashed at my mum's house about 9 years ago, that's just the right size for a thick-ish double rollmat. We'll use that. Light, and very slightly less uncomfortable than the ground. :D

edit: to make sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom