Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macabre said:
Fuckin' 'ell, I'm so disorganisied.

That makes 2 of us - my house looks lke a cross between millets warehouse and a skip at the moment.

Altho I have managed to make room in the back of my car for the trolley (my saviour) AND all the crap by taking out the speakers and the sub.:)

We're taking only what we can carry, so we have a very small neat pile in one room.

We don't want to be doing more than one trip from the car, and we have to get it all across London at 3am too. :D

I travel light. One 35litre backpack, stuffed to the gunnals, sleeping bag, folding stool, sandals, other random stuff bungeed on the outside. One Tent. One day shoulderbag.

Stig said:
We're taking only what we can carry, so we have a very small neat pile in one room.

We don't want to be doing more than one trip from the car, and we have to get it all across London at 3am too. :D

That was when you left this morning.

Now it's a little bigger :D

Crispy said:
I travel light. One 35litre backpack, stuffed to the gunnals, sleeping bag, folding stool, sandals, other random stuff bungeed on the outside. One Tent. One day shoulderbag.
Sounds very similar to what I'm planning, but my rucksacks slightly larger (I think, it's borrowed). And I don't have a stool.

My daughter will be carrying all her own stuff, she's bigger than me now, she can sort herself out!

for 3 of us -
2x 65l rucksacks and one small daybag sort of thing, sleeping bags attached
1 tent
2 inflatable sleeping mats
1 big but comfortable airbed
One bag drink and food
sack trolley cos its a lifesaver (or rather its a backsaver)

Most of it will be stuffed on the trolley and clingfilmed into place - anything to make the car to camp trek easier :) .

65l pack

Inside: Sleeping Bag, Airbed, Pump, 'nested' daypack with photo gubbins, general clothesy stuff.

Outside: Tent, Chair, Tarp.

I have a horrible feeling this is going to be one heavy mutha.

If anyones sees what appears to be a back pack dropped in the mud, somewhere near PGA, can you check underneath to see if I'm there, and still breathing.

item: one rucksack containing a change of clothes for warm and cool weather, a waterproof jacket, and a massive stripey jumper. also a sleeping back, a lamp, a few camping gubbins, some sandals and my daypack.

item: one 1960s vango tent, cunningly attached to a trolley contraption for ease of transportation.

also, do you remember a couple of years back when jean eavis died there was all this talk about closing the festival because he can't do it without her and whatnot... according to this he's married again... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6756861.stm kept that one quiet innit... perhaps he was afraid we'd all come to the wedding... i guess there's only many hand carved lemon juicers a couple can want.

Yeah he married relatively soon afterwards but his Mrs keeps away from it all I think. Had he been younger it might have been regarded as an indecent interval, but he is an old fella & we all need someone to warm our feet against :)

Almost packed: just my washbag to go.

Now all I have to do is get to Devon, deposit child, hire car and drive to Somerset :cool:

Superape said:
Yeah he married relatively soon afterwards but his Mrs keeps away from it all I think. Had he been younger it might have been regarded as an indecent interval, but he is an old fella & we all need someone to warm our feet against :)

damn right. that's the good thing about being old and male. there's so few of you left by that age you're spoilt for choice.

that reminds me, it's my grandad's birthday while i'm at glastonbury, must send him a card...

This is getting dangerously close to a thread where we list all our luggage :D

nooo please!

I am taking: Either a tent or a duvet, some clothes and some other stuff.

So, how early is it acceptable to start off the weekend thread then? :D

Stig said:
So, how early is it acceptable to start off the weekend thread then? :D

Isn't this it?:D

Btw - west country weather is currently warm and generally cloudy (occasionally sunny) . No rain so far today........................

I weighted myself with my pack this morning, it's 10 kilos, not bad!!!

GODGODGOD I'm soooo excited now!!! Catching the beer bus from brizzle at 8, hopefully get there before dark, get the tent up and crack open the first zider of the weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom