Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
felixthecat said:
don't forget the long spells of cloudiness.

I don't live far away and thats what its like right now - i won't be too unhappy if it stays this way.

Yeah, I can handle that too. Fuck it, who cares. Got booze, got spliffs, got wellies. It's all :cool:

Crispy said:
that's castle carey rail station though, mind.
yeah i know, we should be all right, right? need to know whether to pack in my tent or somewhere easier to access!

i just got a text from ms. sparra about you guys camping with us.... woo hoooooo, like isaid to her i am teh excited! :) see you in the morning! :)

A Town resident said:
7.47am in Glastonbury town and it looks like this ....

view7.jpg

No rain overnight and doesn't look like raining any time soon.

Don't read too much into that though ...

Superape said:

Da Man said:
Would we have been inspired to repel the forces of evil had we heard this over the radiogram? "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, unless it's raining then we'll have to wait a bit - Tuesday alright for you?".

I don't think so weatherwatchers, now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party, to take this damned festival by the scruff of the neck & kick it into life. We are the festival, we are what makes it great, and we will prevail over a bit of drizzle early in the morning brightening up to give sunny spells later in the afternoon but some possible showers in the evening.

Get your ticket in your hands, get to Pilton and let's get it on.

Thats the spirit!!!! :D :p :cool:

(Actually that forecast looks a lot less dreadful than some! Luck = as above forecast, not so much luck = the Netweather uncensored version .. ;) )

Right, packing now, I need to leave in less than a hour and half ....

Will pop back to say 'see you in the trenches' just before I shut the PC down for a week! :eek:

the metcheck forecast now shows very little rain over the festival - scattered showers basically.

metcheck have changed significantly haven't they

I think I'll check before we leave tomorrow though :D as they'll no doubt change again

I have lovely boots, a waterproof coat and enough pennies and bottled vodka to get pissed :cool:

now, so long as its dry when we pitch our tent life will be fine :)

The excitement's ruining my kip

I woke up at 10 to fuckin 5 this morning, panicking that our tent won't be big enough for 3 of us - none of us are exactly fuckin miniature like

Packing and unpacking car then packing again in a desperate hope to have less to carry. Each time I end with with more :(
I've had to come into work to relieve the stress :(

msshirl love, you need boots, undies, clothes for 5 days and some baccy

anything else is luxury :p (except tent and sleeping bag!)

MsShirlLaverne said:
Packing and unpacking car then packing again in a desperate hope to have less to carry. Each time I end with with more :(
I've had to come into work to relieve the stress :(
We have got our sack truck, if you're desperate I'll find some space on that :)

Dubversion said:
nah, mate - Kinder Eggs :)

i'll let Top Cat tell you all about that

edit: ah, he already has :D

Someone mentioned it was rather undignified, I had to think it had more dignity than sharing a cell and a bucket for a few months.....:D

Um, at what point did anybody think I wasn't taking the piss over the minute's silence for Manning?

You lot aint half po faced sometimes :rolleyes:

Anyway, the weather in Bristol is bloody gorgeous :cool:

So gorgeous in fact that I aint looking forward to yomping with all my kit over to Temple Meads :eek:

Leaving in T minus 42 minutes :D

JTG said:
Um, at what point did anybody think I wasn't taking the piss over the minute's silence for Manning?

You lot aint half po faced sometimes

Anyway, the weather in Bristol is bloody gorgeous

So gorgeous in fact that I aint looking forward to yomping with all my kit over to Temple Meads :eek:

Leaving in T minus 42 minutes :D

See you at the Wrong shindig on Thursday :) :cool:

How the hell do I get from castle cary train station to Isle of Avalon camp site this evening? Are the coaches running already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom