Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quixk question for those who might know.

Is it permitted to sleep in the back of your car (with seats down etc.) at Glastonbury? Both me and the wife could fit quite comforatbly in ours and it would be dry and secure (?).
Not going this year just thinking of next year!?

cilobrac said:
Quixk question for those who might know.

Is it permitted to sleep in the back of your car (with seats down etc.) at Glastonbury? Both me and the wife could fit quite comforatbly in ours and it would be dry and secure (?).
Not going this year just thinking of next year!?

No - they definitely frown on that, sorry.

Umm... getting coach down from Victoria... not sure how much beer I want to be lugging around with me.

But deffo want some.

Maybe if I buy a crate of beer and 20 helium balloons?

The Officer's about to blow his whistle .. so to speak ...

"Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile ... "

... before heading into the MUDDY TRENCHES!! :eek:

It's gone all dry ... deceptively dry .... ;)

I am packed and done, I can get to Victoria in an hour and a half easily, but I'm taking no chances. I have 2 beers for the coach journey, access to more in Glastonbury Town, and my newly Hebdenised Friends In The North (Flip and Lisa) will be bringing me a slab o'cans in their camper ... I have cash, waterproofs, dry clothes, loads of plastic bags, and a few other things ...

See you all** down there -- CIDER BUS, Wednesday, 8 pm and then again Thursday, maybe a bit earlier!

**Including the editor! Good luck!

PS Mention above makes me 'just realise' that I nearly forgot condoms :oops: . Very much doubt I'll need them at all :rolleyes: , but you never know (adds last minute item :p )

Skim said:
See you at the Wrong shindig on Thursday :) :cool:

Yeah. Can't actually remember where it is mind but I'm sure someone will tell me :)

The sun is blazing down here :cool:

See you there WoW... I may end up giving you and others a call if I get there midnight on Wednesday to find out where the hardkore cyder action is :)

Skim said:
:confused:

Why do you want a squeaky voice?

I was going to tie them to the crate of beer to lighten the load.

But now I'm thinking 50+ balloons tied to the crate to get if floating, and a rope to anchor it to my rucksack.

finalstryke said:
I was going to tie them to the crate of beer to lighten the load.

But now I'm thinking 50+ balloons tied to the crate to get if floating, and a rope to anchor it to my rucksack.

What you need is a Mary Poppins-style umbrella to whisk you into the skies...

editor said:
* sitting in complete silence since 9am in the hope of hearing the postie's knock

I hope the postie comes soon Ed. We don't get our mail till quite late these days. I'd be still sitting in silence at 2 if mine was coming here...

But mine is in W1 NOW. It has arrived!!!!!! :)

That's it! In two hours time I'm gonna be on site :cool:

Safe journey people, I shall see you at the cider bus (or wherever) :)

D'oh... woke up late today, with loads and loads of work still to do and a fucking sore throat and ear ache :mad: Off to Brizzle this evening then heading off from there first thing tomorrow.

I hear apples and pears are good for the immune system... cya at the cider bus :D

sadly I will not be arriving on site until Friday morning so will miss the meet-ups on Wed and Thur nights , do people still meet at Cider Bus on Friday night , answering my own question i guess it depends on who is on stage at the time ?

bouncer_the_dog said:
The BBC warns us not, under any circumstances, throw mud at Shirely Bassey. :D ;) :p
That's right - wrap it in silk and tie it with robbons first.

have fun you crazy kids! remember - in 2005 glastonbury made poverty history, this year you're saving the planet!

this message of counter culture was bought to you by nouvelle toilet paper.

:D :D

chegrimandi said:
have fun you crazy kids! remember - in 2005 glastonbury made poverty history, this year you're saving the planet!

I`m not going to save anything , I am going to get pissed and watch a few bands with mates.

I might try and save the world next weekend when I`m not so distracted.

chegrimandi said:

The paper will be printed with images of Bono and Chris Martin, whose noble faces will wipe our bodies. And, as we wipe, we shall have time to reflect on the injustice and tragedy in our world today :cool:

Fuckin' 'ell, I'm so disorganisied. I've just read on the main site that the buses from glastonbury town dont start until 9 tomorrow, I hope I can hitch a ride in with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom