Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yes.

drugs argument update. after the text exchange got heated about who was or wasn't pulling their weight we sent texts that crossed over that said approximately "it doesn't matter, it ain't worth arguing, we got good connections, good drugs already, and we're all ther etogether"

don't stealth hippies make you sick.

now all i've got to do is remember whether it was the sweet or dry cider i liked best and mine's one of them!

More bad weather ...

Wasn't going to do this, but there have been weather updates on the best/most reliable site, Netweather

I think Sunray may be wrong sadly .. :(

Netweather Official Glastonbury written forecast said:
Glastonbury 2007 weather forecast -- Update - Monday 18th June

Glastonbury 2007 is just days away now, and we can now say with some certainty that you will need waterproofs aplenty if you're planning to be there, it's going to be a wet one.

For those arriving early on Wednesday, the afternoon will see some reasonably light showers to break you in gently. Come Thursday there is likely to be some heavier rain on the way in the form of showers again with the risk of a rumble or two of thunder as well. For Friday, you guessed it, more heavy showers again with a risk of a storm easing away during the late afternoon and early evening though to give some respite.

There is still some uncertainty over the weather for the weekend, there is a chance that high pressure may nudge in to settle things down a little but there is also the risk that Sunday in particular could bring a real deluge. At the current time Saturday is looking like the best day with scattered lightish showers around but some bright spells with Sunday looking much wetter with some very heavy rain pushing in during the early hours. Monday again looks like a showery day.

As it was very popular in 2005, the mudbath to heatwave rating has returned - on each forecast we will rate the weather prospects for the festival between 1 and 5 - with 1 being a mudbath and 5 being a heatwave. For this first update we've given it a 2, looking unsettled but not too extreme.

The final update of this forecast will be tomorrow evening (Tuesday) when we hope to be able to give you some firmer news on the likely weather for the weekend. In the meantime, you can follow the Automated Glasto forecast which is updated 4 times a day and now also includes a rain watch feature which is updated every 15 minutes..

2.png

Link for Netweather's automated forecast, mentioned at the end of the above

If you feel brave, the latest update (7 pm this evening) to the Glasto Blog on Netweather is erm .... no better, shall we say

Sorry folks. Just drink more etc., to cope ...

I've only ever seen the odd dog at the coach end, and never seen one go for anyone.

I am informed by my ma that there has been much police activity at Castle Cary railway station.

She also said that as its going to be muddy remember to tell any of my freinds that are going they can always pop into hers for a bath and a warm up...............bless her.

(parents live there)

where the fuck is everyone meeting?

am fucked off no end today, looks like am gonna be doing glasto on the rag, am gonna stink by the end of it :mad: fuck sakes

and who the fuck is bernard manning anyways?

bloke who told jokes about pakistani turkeys teeps, not your sort of thing. fat.

eight at the cider bus by the pyramid stage. you can't miss it, it's a bus that sells cider surrounded by urbanites!

is that on the wednesday or the tursday?

paki turkeys? wtf... that aint even funny, dont they have a famine there?

firky said:
me remember shit? pfft? haha :)

stop smoking me fuckin weed you cunt :mad:

am just doing me washing, will have to hang it out at me mams tomorrow to dry, forgot to tell u I gotta pop into work in the morning to drop off this laptop

William of Walworth said:
Wasn't going to do this, but there have been weather updates on the best/most reliable site, Netweather

I think Sunray may be wrong sadly .. :(

2.png

Link for Netweather's automated forecast, mentioned at the end of the above

If you feel brave, the latest update (7 pm this evening) to the Glasto Blog on Netweather is erm .... no better, shall we say

Sorry folks. Just drink more etc., to cope ...

Mr Flavell was his name. Geography teacher. He did an excellent series of lessons on meteorology in the 4th year. Taught me how to read pressure charts. Its not difficult.

I am looking at T+84 on the Met office website, here.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/surface_pressure.html

As you can see, its showing a large trough over northern England. This is what will bring the rain, its the black line. Its a low pressure so is spinning anti-clockwise. This means that warm air is being drawn from the south, keeping it warm. Precipitation will usually happen when the warm air meets colder air. There is a high pressure spinning in the other direction to the north bringing in air from Northern europe, so if you look, there are flood alerts for the midlands and the north.

In the middle of that low is the eye of the storm. Thats clear weather. Its quite slow moving so that will bring fine weather for a while.

These charts have been very unpredictable so this could all change. This low was due to sweep the UK today, now its Thursday.

Will see what that computer spits out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom