Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard fucking Manning's dead?!

Minute's silence by the cider bus on Wednesday evening :(

Crispy said:
I'm willing to bet that if you come, and turn up to the cider bus, there'll be plenty of generous souls. Not to mention all the other opportunities for stocking up.

Dont like imposing myself on strangers :)

looks like im sorted now anyway so the mud will be marginally more bearable.

*grumbles about how they should move the festival to late august/early september ;)*

I guess I'd better go pack now. Went out and bought supplies earlier (though not the 'supplies' Strawman meant - can't decide whether I want to take any or not).

Leaving at around 9.30am tomorrow!

Strawman said:
Bah, just found out ive got no "supplies" for Glasto :(

Dont think I can be bothered going now tbh, the thought of doing a straight glasto in a mudfest is not appealing.
Christ, are people really that dependant on supplies to enjoy it? :confused:

I'll take things till the cows come home and I fall over, but come on, if you can't have a fun time without them somethings a bit, well, odd IMO.

Work finished till Thursday week.

I am now in Glastonbury mode :D

Tomorrow: finish packing, have enormous fried breakfast, get my Glasto wedge out of the bank, leave at 11am. Arrive about 1pm, put tent up, register, go for a wander, start getting fucked :D

The view from Tom's Field this morning:

DSC04211small700.jpg

beesonthewhatnow said:
Christ, are people really that dependant on supplies to enjoy it? :confused:

I'll take things till the cows come home and I fall over, but come on, if you can't have a fun time without them somethings a bit, well, odd IMO.

I could easily handle a clean glasto with glorious sunshine, but the mudfests really wear me out mentally and physically. Without something to pep me up, id probably be asleep before 9pm!

van mostly packed - clothes and shopping aside.

CDs and PROD stuff mostly ready, Juke Joint book printing aside.

'Tings' mostly sorted :)

have to drag my sorry ass through one more day of work, get an early night and then boom!

I can't believe it, I've been trying to pack since 7pm :mad: I haven't got a bag big enough for all my wet weather supplies so I'll be doing about 10 trips to the car park and back laden down with sodding carrier bags :mad:

and there's all the boose to carry :(

On the plus side, I'm really really excited now :D :D

i'm getting pissed off.

it's monday night, and i've had a flurry of emails from people who assured me they had substances x and y so i didn't need to sort them out via other sources that are now closed to me. how fucking dare you tell me on the weekend that you've got everything i ordered for me and my friends and then tell me today you don't "sorry". if you'd been honest yesterday i could have arranged something. 11pm on monday is not the time to admit you didnt pick up. oh, and asking if i've got enough pills for you too when you've made me look like a cunt and let my mate down is really cool cheers.

why, how dare you, madam. we're PROFESSIONALS. :mad:

the 10am is my favourite - not a PROD but Randy & Earl's Old Record Club. You have to come so you can see our costumes :)

Dubversion said:
why, how dare you, madam. we're PROFESSIONALS. :mad:

the 10am is my favourite - not a PROD but Randy & Earl's Old Record Club. You have to come so you can see our costumes :)

Well, if I set my alarm and manage to get there, you'll get my Lenor bottle contents emptied on your head if you're still in bed :p :D

bluestreak said:
i'm getting pissed off.

it's monday night, and i've had a flurry of emails from people who assured me they had substances x and y so i didn't need to sort them out via other sources that are now closed to me. how fucking dare you tell me on the weekend that you've got everything i ordered for me and my friends and then tell me today you don't "sorry". if you'd been honest yesterday i could have arranged something. 11pm on monday is not the time to admit you didnt pick up. oh, and asking if i've got enough pills for you too when you've made me look like a cunt and let my mate down is really cool cheers.

people who fail to communicate promptly, effectively and honestly are a pet hate of mine.

My sympathies :(

Same for me, I'm travelling by train so can't really take a stash down (sniffer dogs at the station, right?), so arranged for my mates from home, who are going in the car, to be able to pick up. They didn't, so now I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I've never had to before so don't know, how easy is it to score weed/decent pills at glasto? Vastly inflated prices?

retribution said:
Same for me, I'm travelling by train so can't really take a stash down (sniffer dogs at the station, right?), so arranged for my mates from home, who are going in the car, to be able to pick up. They didn't, so now I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I've never had to before so don't know, how easy is it to score weed/decent pills at glasto? Vastly inflated prices?

I got badly stung for some bits of interestingly shaped chalk at Glasto in 2005.

This was after I'd lost my stash. I found my stash again three months later in my bag :rolleyes: :D

JTG said:
people who fail to communicate promptly, effectively and honestly are a pet hate of mine.

My sympathies :(

ta.

i don't mind all the last minute "can yu get this or that or the other" cos they had their chance and i laid it out weeks ago. it's the "i got your stuff" when actually what they meant was "i should be able to sort if out tomorrow but i haven't cleared it with the merchants yet".

I may very well not be in 'supply' crisis fortunately ... ;)

<fights off hoardes of the 'cigarette'-deprived rushing to me :p >

I'll be leaving here (my flat) sometime round 10 to 10:15 tomorrow ....

Early rising! (for a holiday day anyway -- about 30 mins later than my normal work-rising time).

That's cos I haven't packed at all yet ... :p :eek:

I'm now the proud owner of a new head-torch from Blacks, and some extra Nikwax (for boots) and Nikwax spray. The latter is for the tent, but the stuff can only be applied when tent is up, so fingers crossed it's dry in Glastonbury Town tomorrow afternoon.

I got two texts from crustychick this afternoon. She's already on site. Like that picture shows, it was a lovely day down Pilton way today apparantly ....

I so hope what Sunray posted earlier turns out right ..

Sunray said:
I reckon on current forecasts that its going to be wet on Wednesday night and clear and stay clear, with perhaps an odd shower for the rest of the festival.

Its not going to be a bad one.

... not sure where he's getting that from though! :eek:

I remain under the assumption that it will rain loads :( , then anything less bad will be a bonus ... :)

tastebud said:
err, is this true!? :eek:

efests reckons there will be:

WARNING: it's quite possible that there will be a heavy police presence (complete with sniffer dogs) at Castle Cary station, their aim being to search Festival go-ers arriving by train for drugs. This can cause considerable delay and inconvenience.

Any suggestions for "packing well"?

bluestreak said:
ta.

i don't mind all the last minute "can yu get this or that or the other" cos they had their chance and i laid it out weeks ago. it's the "i got your stuff" when actually what they meant was "i should be able to sort if out tomorrow but i haven't cleared it with the merchants yet".

yeah I know, I could go on for hours about these people (not even drugs related, just life related)

Anyway, are you coming to the meets at the cider bus or not? If not, make sure you find us, 'cos we likes you and wants chatz :cool:

Last time there was a substantial police presence at the last services before the Glastonbury turn off on the M5, too.

tastebud said:
@ bs: god! but if they sniff it, they sniff it right? no amount of packing's gonna change that!

:)eek:)

i normally pack it in my manky old tent. it's worked so far.

further saga of trying to pick up... "i'm trying but it's hard" of course it's hard, i said, you left it til monday night. "well you didn't fucking do anything you left me to do all the work".

what the fucking fuck? you got a fucking email, a couple of conversations before you went to italy, and assured me yesterday you had everything i needed so i didn't need to follow assorted other routes.
i'm going to bed.

JTG said:
yeah I know, I could go on for hours about these people (not even drugs related, just life related)

Anyway, are you coming to the meets at the cider bus or not? If not, make sure you find us, 'cos we likes you and wants chatz :cool:

yeah, i'll be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom