Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
editor said:
Fella: can you PM that list?

(if my tickets don't come through I'll just ring you all up and hurl mindless jealous abuse later).
Email as instructed and you'll get it - the list is an excel file, so can't really pm it to you...

editor said:
And I've the photographic proof! :D

Some years back, one of the people from the glasto forums went to a meet at the cider bus. Unable to identify anyone, she went around random groups of people, asking "General Banter?" (the name of the chat forum).

Funnier though, was one of the other forum members, who went for the gay meet. In a similar predicament, she was going round asking "Are you gay and from the internet?" She later said this didn't go down too well with some people. :)

paolo999 said:
If it rains enough to dilute a beer, that's the last thing you'll be worrying about ;)

Or, of course, you could be a really really slow drinker. :)

No way, that will be the first thing I will be worrying about.

I don't want raindrops upsetting the delicate hoppy malty balance. :p

Fuck sake. Today just gets worse :( :oops: :(

My life is a series of unhappy and embarrasing events and my only sanctury is telling people about them.

THINK STIRAHGT FIRKY!!!!

firky said:
Fuck sake. Today just gets worse :( :oops: :(

My life is a series of unhappy and embarrasing events and my only sanctury is telling people about them.

THINK STIRAHGT FIRKY!!!!
carrot.jpg

concentrate!

editor said:
Fella: can you PM that list?

(if my tickets don't come through I'll just ring you all up and hurl mindless jealous abuse later).

Did yours get lost in the post too? I'm waiting to hear about mine. The whole VFests allocation has gone missing. I read on the Glasto boards that See have admitted to a huge batch go missing at a sorting office in Sarf London...

*bites nails*

Stic the pic of me and the sign up if you want. I'm crap at posting pics. Dunno why :confused:

Oh my god I have bought the best socks ever!!!! I hope it's cold and rainy now.

bluestreak said:
cakes, i hope to meet you this time around. but i have to point out that crispy made one of them weeks ago... and that particular one has been posted weeks ago too!
oops! :oops:
So I didn't need to just spend an hour fiddling with excel spreadsheets to make it fit on A4 pages?

Looking forward to meeting you too!!

Looks like me and my mates won't be getting there until Wednesday evening (others not until Thursday) and knowing from experience about the Dragon's field, I've directed people to the other side of the stone circle field. In 2005 I only managed to squeeze in to Dragon as someone else brought and set up my tent Wed morning.

Anyways, I've marked it on a map - the red dot - that you can see here.

But I am going to try and meet some of ya at the cider bus on Wed if I am there by 8pm and again on the Thursday.

Even with the forecast weather, I'm still excited :)

In 2003 I managed to camp in the dragon field and find a good spot mid-day on the wednesday because no one wanted to camp right next to the road and under the floodlights of the watch tower. But it was great!

I reckon on current forecasts that its going to be wet on Wednesday night and clear and stay clear, with perhaps an odd shower for the rest of the festival.

Its not going to be a bad one.

Sunray said:
I reckon on current forecasts that its going to be wet on Wednesday night and clear and stay clear, with perhaps an odd shower for the rest of the festival.

Its not going to be a bad one.

if this proves to be the case, i'll buy you a pint :)

Sorry what I meant was is the hippy celebration on the wednesday evening (before midnight thursday) or on thursday evening?

A friend wants to know :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom