Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Lidl or Aldi or somewhere like that would have them...they do tend to be quite random like that.....

bouncer_the_dog said:
is there still an army surplus shop on the Walworth rd?

Oh yeah, army surplus is probably best. Cheers. Don't know if there's still one on the Walworth Road...

The alternative is paying £25 for a floral number from Millets, which I really don't want to do. And I don't want to wait until I get to the festival to buy something, because I may be arriving at night.

Well, a quick Google search came up with some bloke from Walworth:

Walworth Surplus Stores,
Tel. 0207-703-4759
211 Walworth Road
Wonderful Walworth
World Epicentre
Not far from the very beautiful Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre
Easily Accessible by Bakerloo Line or No. 12 Routemaster

The shop is half way down the very beautiful Walworth Road
In the very centre of that epicentral and indeed epochal postcode of

SE17

Where the Sun Always Shines!!!!

He sounds like a complete nutter.

;)

eta: Just phoned up the place in Walworth and got a bit of a curt reply on the phone, but they do have ponchos for a tenner. Arse – I was there at lunchtime. Now I'll have to go back to Walworth tomorrow :mad:

Its a cool shop. Army surplus places are brilliant for camping stuff.. I get my bulletproof tentpegs at one in Oxford. And I have an awesome camoflage poncho...

Skim said:
eta: Just phoned up the place in Walworth and got a bit of a curt reply on the phone, but they do have ponchos for a tenner. Arse – I was there at lunchtime. Now I'll have to go back to Walworth tomorrow :mad:

last time I went there I got the impression the owner hated all forms of humanity. However he does like money and will let you have items from his shop in exchange for it. But only if you are nice.

There used to be a great army surplus in Plymouth – all old-fashioned and musty :cool:

Never really bought anything there, just liked looking around.

bouncer_the_dog said:
last time I went there I got the impression the owner hated all forms of humanity. However he does like money and will let you have items from his shop in exchange for it. But only if you are nice.

I was very nice on the phone, but as I was saying "that's great, thanks very much", he slammed the phone down on me :mad:

Elephant & Castle – it does something strange to people.

wiskey said:
i dont spose you want to know this but its monsooning outside and rolling with thunder.

everythings a bit wet.

sorry william

I heard another report from near Glastonbury that said there were only intermittant showers earlier this afternoon ...

William of Walworth said:
I heard another report from near Glastonbury that said there were only intermittant showers earlier this afternoon ...
err yes it was intermittent - it stopped for 5 minutes every now and then

its been raining off and on for 3 days.

Skim said:
I was very nice on the phone, but as I was saying "that's great, thanks very much", he slammed the phone down on me :mad:

Elephant & Castle – it does something strange to people.

He is a bit weird.

Don't try to look around in there, whatever you do. He won't like that at all. No browsing the precious things.

Don't try chatting, either.

But if you know what you want, and ask for one, that'll be fine.

I think he might be a bit autistic or something similar to that. :confused:

I have had a royal mail card....woop woop woooo....I now have 37.5 hours to work between tomorrow and Tuesday including a double shift on the Tuesday. Im going on the Wednesday and mucho looking forward to a good days rest. On a brighter note once I finish Im off for 2 weeks.....:D

Right I'm done for work till Tuesday week. Only had 6 days holiday so far so will be out to enjoy this come what may!

Our tickets have shown up, completely unheralded - no email, no tracker update. But they're here, so I don't really care. :)

moose said:
Our tickets have shown up, completely unheralded - no email, no tracker update. But they're here, so I don't really care. :)

Yay! :D

I still haven't actually seen ours in the flesh yet, but I'm assured they exist. :cool:

I've got a tartan golfer's :oops: poncho and a very stylish :cool: DKNY poncho. I'll be taking both to Glasto and one will be spare if anyone's desperate.

I'm not sure what to take in the booze department :confused:
I don't want to have to carry loads of weight form my car, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom